Thailand's #2 In The World In .........

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: Thailand's #2 In The World In .........

Post by wackyjacky »

The most dangerous is when the majority is on motos, bikes, walking by the road, and you have some cars, trucks, buses and bad roads. I see this all the time driving SV-PP. That is why most of the worst are in Africa. Thailand's high car ownership should keep those people safer. Like you said, and we've seen so many times here, one, bus, truck, or car can kill many on bikes. 2 cars hitting eachother usually does not end in fatalities. The problem in Thailand is that most don't use seatbelts. I don't know, maybe you're right, but they're still lying muthafuckahs, the drivers and riders here are terrible and we have a really low helmet compliance outside of PP. There's no way deaths are < half that of Thailand. I'll go back to the report at some point and see what the correlation between car ownership and deaths is. I bet it's in there somewhere. I'll own up if you are correct.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic