Aus to America: thanks, but no thanks

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Aus to America: thanks, but no thanks

Post by vladimir »

Australia declined an American invitation to patrol the South China Sea

Not sure if it was done on moral grounds (yeah, right) or simply because they have sold the entire country to China already, LOL

America a bit miffed, perhaps Brunei will help them out
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Aus to America: thanks, but no thanks

Post by Sailorman »

I hear America is losing the lease on Diego Garcia (I've been there on a 880ft bomb ship) and need somewhere else to preposition arms on ships. Subic might want them back ($$$) on a lease bases or maybe Taiwan. I say if a country wants the US to protect them we charge them for it or we pull our troops/ships/airplanes/bases out of the area. America has gone bankrupt trying to protect the rest of the world and fatten the bottom like of arms manufacturers. Pay or protect yourself (this included Canada who have been riding the free protection gravy train too long. This goes for Europe/middle east also) Put our military on a cash basis and pay our son's and daughters more money for serving.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Sailorman wrote:I say if a country wants the US to protect them we charge them for it or we pull our troops/ships/airplanes/bases out of the area.
Agree 100%.

Maybe they could even think about repaying the money they cost countries like Columbia et al for making them dependent on one crop so they could control their governments?

Or returning all the stolen art/artifacts, paying out for industrial crimes (Exide etc), wrongful civilian death by drones, subjecting rapist US servicemen to criminal justice systems in the country the crime took place in, instead of hiding them behind martial law (Philippines, Japan)

I don't think any country would refuse a fair, just system or arrangement, but you guys don't play that game.

Seriously, Sailorman, you need to read more, the books you have are from the 1950s. Most know better now.

In all fairness, I don't think the Chinese will be any better, maybe worse.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:Australia declined an American invitation to patrol the South China Sea

Not sure if it was done on moral grounds (yeah, right) or simply because they have sold the entire country to China already, LOL

It's possibly because Australia realises that America has no right to issue such an invitation...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Vlad: I read everyday and stay in top of the news. Talk about repaying, maybe England could give back all the artifacts it stole and are setting in museums in England from places like Egypt, Iraq, etc, or Australia could make each and every Abo a millionaire for the land and minerals that were taken away from them since the first fleet landed and recently the big profits made in such places as Broken Hill, or Saudi Arabia could pay the US for saving its ass and/or from becoming a province of Saddam's Iraq.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

OOOps Sailorboy ''I'm no racist'' did your father or perhaps your war hero uncle fight against the Abo's.

Yes I will sit on your scrawny arse, as long as you keep making stupid racist remarks on here, by the way what was it you did'nt like about the term Redneck you idiot
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Cynical: You are absolutely predictable. Crawl back under your bridge. BTW/ I can give you my address in Snookyville if you want to try and come sit on my ass, but your all words and BS. Come on, grow a pair, we can meet, but you won't like the outcome. BTW/ Did your parents finally get married so you can only be now called a SOB. Wankers like you give OZ a bad name.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

It's simple Sailorboy, you pretend to be an educated all knowing septic (you see I can be as racist as the next man but education has helped me to choose not to), each time YOU post your true racist side comes out.

btw if you are too dumb to realise that then you have a bigger problem than most people thought
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

subic, clark and maybe cam ranh bay will reopen in the next 5 years i would think.
i doubt mr turnbull took the decision on ethical grounds.
i bet the china FTA never happens now.
i hope they stop them buying houses in oz.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

StroppyChops wrote:
vladimir wrote:Australia declined an American invitation to patrol the South China Sea

It's possibly because Australia realises that America has no right to issue such an invitation...
Maybe they just want to be China's poodle for a change? Oh, hang on isn't that position taken? Okay, two poodles are fine.
Locked Previous topicNext topic