Australian Expat and English Teacher David Jonathan Found Dead at Butterfly Bar on Street 136

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Australian Expat and English Teacher David Jonathan Found Dead at Butterfly Bar on Street 136

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: An Australian English teacher was found collapsed in the bathroom at Buter Fly and then he was brought to Calmette hospital where he was pronounced dead by the doctor. This shocking moment happened around 06:00 pm on 16 October 2015 at Butter Fly located at house #31Eo street 136 village #13 Phsar Kandal I commune, Daun Penh district.

According to Kampuchea Thmey Daily News, the foreigner who found collapsed in the bathroom name David Jonathan, male, 34 years old, Australian. He was an English teacher. He stayed at house #14 street 420, Beong Trabak commune, Chamkarmon district, Phnom Penh.

According to Am Sros, 26 years old , manager at Butter Fly, the foreigner came to drink at Buter Fly at around 2:00 pm on 16 October 2015. He drank 3 glasses of beer and then he came back again around 4:00 pm. Mr. Am Sros asked him what he want to order, but he didn’t reply. He just went straight to bathroom. Because he stayed too long in the bathroom, so staff and security guard went to knock the door, but he didn’t answer. So, so they opened the door and that when they found him collapsed. They later brought him to hospital for medical assistance, but the doctor said he already died.
Now, the dead body is being kept at Calmette Hospital. The primary assumption, he might have died from heart attack.
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: David Jonathan, Australian, English Teacher, Found Dead at Buter Fly

Post by Username Taken »

He looks very much like a guy who lives in my neck of the woods. Often rides past on a variety of motorbikes, but usually a Phantom.
I probably shouldn't say this, but for the past few years that he's been passing my place, I thought he was a 440 poster by the name of Capt.B
I must have been wrong.

RIP
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Australian Expat and English Teacher David Jonathan Found Dead at Butterfly Bar on Street 136

Post by General Mackevili »

Another young expat death the same day. Hmmmm. RIP.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Australian Expat and English Teacher David Jonathan Found Dead at Butterfly Bar on Street 136

Post by hanno »

Jesus, they are dropping fast and furious. RIP.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Life is too short! R.I.P
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
davidm
Tourist

Post by davidm »

I am one of David's friends.
Is there any way the corresponding photo can be removed from this story?
Thank you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

davidm wrote:I am one of David's friends.
Is there any way the corresponding photo can be removed from this story?
Thank you.
Hello, and condolences. We don't host any images on our site. You might try to contact the news outlet who actually hosts it.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Why are so many young men passing away in Cambodia? and all with suspected heart attacks..has to be drug related?
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic