Foreigner Had Her Bag Which Had 600 Dollar in it Snatched

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner Had Her Bag Which Had 600 Dollar in it Snatched

Post by zmth »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Foreigner had her bag which had 600 dollar in it snatched

Phnom Penh: According to Kampuchea Thmey, 3 snatchers snatched the bag from a foreigner who was walking with two other foreigners (1 male). They successfully snatched the bag and fled the scene. It happened around 9:50 on 05 October 2015 located at the back of Sisowat high school along street 51 corner of street 184, Phsar Thmey III, Daun Penh district.

According to source from the scene, before it happened, the victim was walking with two other foreigners. They were walking along street 184 in the direction from the west to east. Then there were two people on a motorbike drove closer to them and snatched the bag and fled.

[
Engrish:
Spoiler:
Hall: 2 gang act snatch bags from foreign women who are walking 3 (a boy) decided to escape and disappear at about 9 and 50 pm on Oct. 5, 2015, at the rear Sisowath High Street 51 and Road 184 in the new shopping district 3 Daun.

Sources from the scene, said that before the incident, they saw the victim is a foreigner 3 man 2 French people walking along Route 184 in the direction from West to East, while the thing happened so suddenly 2 suspects riding a motorcycle 2 units do not remember the brand behind and ride acting carbohydrate shock The victim decided to escape quietly safety.

Lighting victims told police said the bag, which has lost money of more than $ 600. After the scene, the victim went to filed a complaint at the police headquarters 3 to make it easier to determine jurisdiction before the signal reaches the arrest team Those suspects liable to legal.
I heard from an Australian guy who told me in jan 2016 that he witnessed such an incident personally where it was local guy or guys? that did it to a local cambodian female - seems like such incidents are not all that uncommon be it locals or foreign victms.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner Had Her Bag Which Had 600 Dollar in it Snatche

Post by zmth »

obelisks wrote:I haven’t been to Phnom Penh for 2 to 3 years but I am coming next week and I’m noticing on this and other sites what seems to be a huge surge in these types of incidents.
A lot of these seem to me unnecessarily exposing valuables and drawing attention to yourself.
But what about straightout muggings i.e. where you are not visibly carrying anything of value and yet you maybe stopped by 2- 3 people and threatened if you don’t hand over your valuables in your pocket or even worse you are threatened at gunpoint?
Is this type of crime happening in Phnom Penh yet and if so how often does it happen ?
heard from an Australian guy who told me in jan 2016 that he witnessed such an incident personally where it was local guy or guys? that did it to a local cambodian female - seems like such incidents are not all that uncommon be it locals or foreign victms.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreigner Had Her Bag Which Had 600 Dollar in it Snatche

Post by zmth »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
obelisks wrote: that's good to know. So not as bad as Cape Town yet? :)
Absolutely nothing like Cape Town!!!
What are you talking about CApe Town ? would help if you would state the country. Only one i ever heard of was in south Africa
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Foreigner Had Her Bag Which Had 600 Dollar in it Snatched

Post by hanno »

Why are you resurrecting all these old threads?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic