15 yr old terrorist kills police accountant, Sydney

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: 15 yr old terrorist kills police accountant, Sydney

Post by Anchor Moy »

- Well that one flew over your head Moy!
Yes you're right, I'm not keeping up. :oops: Scotland to beat the Boks?
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Taking away a people's right to keep and bear arms sure stops criminals from having firearms. Not! I wonder what the gun laws are in Syria, or Iraq, or Afghanistan or Chechnya?

Its going to be interesting when all those Muslim refugee's flooding Europe/England get settled and start to get pissed off because those countries aren't using Islamic law. Interesting times ahead for Europe/England when the Muslims in those countries become a significant percentage of the total population.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Anchor Moy wrote: Why is anyone - even a 15yo kid who shoots one person - labelled as a terrorist for this in Australia, yet a good US citizen who commits a mass-shooting is just another mental case ?
Perhaps because of his actions at the crime site.

"Witnesses say the Iranian-born youth danced and shouted "Allah, Allah" after killing the public servant."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... oy-6566094
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kuroneko wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote: Why is anyone - even a 15yo kid who shoots one person - labelled as a terrorist for this in Australia, yet a good US citizen who commits a mass-shooting is just another mental case ?
Perhaps because of his actions at the crime site.

"Witnesses say the Iranian-born youth danced and shouted "Allah, Allah" after killing the public servant."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... oy-6566094
Fair enough. It now seems possible that there may be a terrorist connection, from what recent reports say.

But my position when I wrote that post was that I interpret "terrorist" as "violence in the name of a political cause" - and I really was sceptical that a 15 yo had a (real, not virtual) political agenda. I thought it was more likely to be a mental problem and it annoys me that stupid acts of random violence are lazily headlined as terrorist acts by the media.
We will see as more info comes to light. I could be wrong,that's not a problem, but I don't like automatic assumptions, generalisations, stereotypes and just generally jumping to conclusions. I was also reacting to my own assumptions that adults with a political agenda would not be gutless enough to use children in this way, but I'm rethinking that one.
ter•ror•ism (tĕrˈə-rĭzˌəm)►
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Are Australian women really so feministicized (?) as to inspire this kind of insecurity?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

more and more ppl are living in their own fantastic "reality" fueled by net and media bullshit. Hope this lil twat gets stuck behind bars for half a lifetime. Well, actually I hope he's fucked to death by a few hardcore cons. But hey, beggers can't be choosers. They're delusional fucks, same as the ass that just did the Oregon shooting. Living in their own little twisted world, in tourch with other twisted thoughs by the net or some stupid dark tv shows and movies. I mean Walking Dead? etc. I can't keep UP with em. Lost track about when the vampire romance shows started. I mean what is UP with these little FREAKS? All we wanted was a hot Chevelle with a loud stereo and a great party house. But THEN the reality was Nixon, Leave it to Beaver, Walter Cronkite, and a a bong that didn't leak.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Hope this lil twat gets stuck behind bars for half a lifetime.
At his families expense. Why the heck should Aussie taxpayers have to pay to support this scum?
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Ah fella's, no jail time for him, he was shot to death at the scene by armed cops. Seems Australia doesn't need armed civilians, we can rely on our coppers ( believe me, that wasn't an easy sentence for me to write either!)
Also, good to have CEO back on line again!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

we can rely on our coppers ( believe me, that wasn't an easy sentence for me to write either!)
Paging Sailorman...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic