Suicide By Hanging Deaths in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Suicide By Hanging Deaths in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

1. An unidentified Cambodian man hung himself at an under-construction building

Phnom Penh: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, A Cambodian man found hanging himself at an under-construction building. He was found hanging around 11:40 am on 30 September 2015. The motive led to this suicide hasn’t confirmed yet and his identity was also not yet identified. It’s believed the deceased is about 40 years old.
Spoiler:

2.A Cambodian woman found hanging in her house, motive led to suicide unidentified

Steng Treng: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, A dead body of a Cambodian woman found on 1 October 2015 at her house located in Pa Deoum village, Sam Khous commune, Sek San district.
The deceased name Thaan Kayna, 39 years old and police believed that it was suicide, but the motive lead to this suicide wasn’t confirmed.
Spoiler:

3.A man was upset as his wife run way and left him behind, so he attached his son picture on his chest and hung himself

Phnom Penh: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, A Cambodian was upset after his wife run away from him for two days. So, he decided to end his life by hanging in his rented room located in Trapeang Toul village, Kambol commune, Po Senchay district around 9:00 am on 2 October 2015. He was a fish sauce seller.

There was a picture of his son on his chest. It’s believed that he might have attached it on his chest before he hung himself.
The deceased name Khet Chandara, male, 28 years old. He was a fish sauce seller. He is originally from Takeo province. His wife is 24 years old and they had a one year old son.

According to source, two days ago they had argument with each other. It wasn’t sure what caused the argument and then his wife run away from him. On that day, his customer came to see him at his house because he didn’t deliver the fish sauce to this customer as promised. Then when his customer arrived his house, the door clothed and no matter how hard the customer tried to call, no one answered. So his customer looked through into his house and saw him hanging and he was already dead.
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Suicide By Hanging Deaths in Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

Looks like the cop was the one who hanged himself in that first pic.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:Looks like the cop was the one who hanged himself in that first pic.
:plus1:

im not sure i could hang myself, is it the asphyxiation that kills ya or a snapping of the neck?
tbh i'm not sure how i'd do it, would have to be a bullet or something, theres too much thought involved in trying to hang yourself, ive never tried hanging myself before, dont know if id do it right? a bullet is pretty fool proof lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:im not sure i could hang myself, is it the asphyxiation that kills ya or a snapping of the neck?
Depends on your method. Most of those posted on CEO are asphyxiation.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:im not sure i could hang myself, is it the asphyxiation that kills ya or a snapping of the neck?
thought so, that is a horrible way to go :shock:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
Certainly takes longer and involves more suffering than the drop, sudden stop method.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
Certainly takes longer and involves more suffering than the drop, sudden stop method.
exactly, thats why i think drowning would be a horrible way to go also, what other productive ways are there to kill yourself?
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

It really depends on the method of asphyxiation. Perhaps the most painless way to off yourself is to fill your bedroom with a gas that isn't Carbon Dioxide. Nitrogen will do the job just fine (no explosions or problems for the neighbours either), Helium is also a popular choice. Your lungs are designed to feel pain when solids/liquids are in them but the only gas that triggers such pain is Carbon Dioxide (and of course straight up toxins like Chlorine cause pain but that's because they're attacking the body in general rather than triggering the asphyxiation feeling via your lungs).
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Any forms of suicide are painful.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Helium or nitrous oxide on a slow stream through nasal prongs - please don't try this at home, or at least talk to somebody first.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic