Suicide By Hanging Deaths in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Suicide By Hanging Deaths in Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

IraHayes wrote:"We don't want to disturb people. Can you give our bodies to our families to burn"
Are you serious, LoL? I have no idea..
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

General Mackevili wrote:2 at a time:

GRAPHIC:
Spoiler:
With a suicide note?

According to Huy Bunleng Facebook post

Steng Hav district, there was a case in which two young Cambodian men hung themselves. It was happened in village 1, Tomnop Rolok commune, around 4:10 October 2015. Police confirmed that it was suicide. They killed themselves and nothing related to murdering according to a letter that left behind by them. Judging by the way they wrote and a lot of mistakes they made in spelling, it’s believed that they are not really educated. According to the letter, one of them named Sorn Kien, work on fishing boat, 22 years old, from Koh Touch, Tek Chou commune, Kampot province and the other one name Put, 25 years old, also work on fishing boat. He is from Sre Ambel commune, Koh Kong province.

The letter reads: I am Kien and Put. We just wanted to die and it is not connected to anyone. Hopefully our parents will help burn/cremate both of us. From Kien (signature). I would like to apologize for what i have done wrong before. From Kien.
097252844 mother
096 9915596 smart
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

All these hangings, is this a new phenomenon or has it been like this for a long time?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ive asked this question before, cant remember the answer, i wasnt sure if it was to do with the rise of people with facebook etc being able to post these incidents online
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

kinda pointless thread ain't it?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

not if you like to see pictures of swingers ;)
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

I don't mind watching that shit either, it makes me think I am not the biggest loser on the planet, at least these guys are worse off.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Lordvoldermorth/yahweh/hewhoshallnotbenamedwhyyoulookdownoncambodian should keep a tally on the suicides/murders/rapes like the k440 deathpat league. It would, if nothing else, be interesting in the long term for amateur statisticians/sicko statiscians and daily mail type lazy journalists.

Don't shoot me man, just a genuine suggestion.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kampong Spooner wrote:Lordvoldermorth/yahweh/hewhoshallnotbenamedwhyyoulookdownoncambodian should keep a tally on the suicides/murders/rapes like the k440 deathpat league. It would, if nothing else, be interesting in the long term for amateur statisticians/sicko statiscians and daily mail type lazy journalists.

Don't shoot me man, just a genuine suggestion.
Not such a bad idea KS. According to this world suicide statistic, Cambodia has no problem at all with suicides ? ONLY 135th in world suicide rankings, and there are less suicides reported in Cambodia per head than in Australia or NZ.
http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/caus ... y-country/

So, either we are getting a warped perspective on the number of suicides in Cambodia because more are reported in the news here, or the official statistics are incorrect; probably a bit of both ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah suicides never make the news in england, theyre too focused propagandizing the middle east and other pointless bullshit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic