Banks in the Kingdom

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Banks in the Kingdom

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote:I currently have accounts with Acleda, Canadia and ABA...I highly rate ABA Bank and would definitely recommend them. https://www.ababank.com/

Only requirements to open account are valid passport, with valid MEEV E-Type Visa, local phone number and/or copy of lease, plus minimum opening balance ($10 or 20, can't remember exactly but will be on their website).
/quote]

A bit more info to add on ABA.
To open an account at ABA Bank SV you need:
-your passport with E visa of 6mths or longer
-an address and phone n°- no proof asked
-$10 to open the account
The card takes a few days, but your account is operational immediately - you get a bank book, can transfer money from overseas etc.
cheers, will have to wait for my visa extension before opening the account then cheers for the info AM
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

National Bank of Canada also holds a 40% stake in ABA, makes it somewhat legit, and has been my go to bank since they opened in kps a couple years back.
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Post by Glauco83 »

hi!! to open a bank account with aba is it necessary an e-visa of 6 month? because i want enter in cambodia by poppet land border and he told me it's better do a short e-visa at Poipet...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Glauco83 wrote:hi!! to open a bank account with aba is it necessary an e-visa of 6 month? because i want enter in cambodia by poppet land border and he told me it's better do a short e-visa at Poipet...

you can only get 1 month visa at poipet whether a tourist visa or ordinary visa,
if you want 6month extension and to open a bank you will need a 1 month ordinary visa and get it extended after 30days before you can open a bank
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Glauco83 wrote:hi!! to open a bank account with aba is it necessary an e-visa of 6 month? because i want enter in cambodia by poppet land border and he told me it's better do a short e-visa at Poipet...

you can only get 1 month visa at poipet whether a tourist visa or ordinary visa,
if you want 6month extension and to open a bank you will need a 1 month ordinary visa and get it extended after 30days before you can open a bank
Hi Glauco83, Jamie Lambo is correct. For information on visas see this thread... https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/the-roa ... t3860.html
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Post by Glauco83 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:

ok, but is it possible extend the 1 month ordinary visa before 30 day? for example:i enter in Cambodia the 15 January with 1 month ordinary visa, the 20 january i can extend it ?
i have some cash with me and i want deposit it fast....
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

You can try extending it sooner, but normally they won't accept it for extension until 10 days prior to expiry. Remember that it could take up to 5 working days to get it back.
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Post by Glauco83 »

thanks for the info.... :beer3:
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Post by Glauco83 »

is it possible take a safe-deposit box in a bank if i don't have a bank account? so i can use it while i will waiting the 6 month visa...
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I am pretty certain banks in Cambodia still do not offer safe deposit boxes, only safe document storage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic