Male Teacher Strips 11 Year Old Female Student as Punishment

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Male Teacher Strips 11 Year Old Female Student as Punishment

Post by Anchor Moy »

Good, this is going to court.
I'm really not sure why the teacher did this, but seems like he was not expecting to face any consequences for his act besides a small slap on the wrist. And good for the grandmother standing up for the kid. It would be great if this sent a message out and attitudes changed, but won't hold my breath.Anyway, first step - the teacher has been charged with indecent assault and will go on trial.

...The teacher faces up to three years in jail and a fine of up to six million riel if convicted.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/16891/ ... -in-class/
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

lets hope the courts pull through
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

I was just wondering why nobody has commented on the boy that got the same treatment. In a country where even a prostitute feels shy when naked, this is surely a huge sin. Strange how nearly every Khmer involved wants to cover it up. I can only surmise this sort of behavior is standard in the kingdom of wonder, and this is the very odd case that made it through to the courts. A preteen student was apparently raped and her parents paid off. I guess the rape was performed by a teacher too? No wonder the 2 Khmer posters are a bit reticent to reveal too much about Cambodia. Which I think is a shame, as I think it may make the site something really special if they did. I expect they would be hung, drawn and quartered for it though, so it comes as no surprise they err on the side of caution.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

juansweetpotato wrote:I was just wondering why nobody has commented on the boy that got the same treatment. In a country where even a prostitute feels shy when naked, this is surely a huge sin. Strange how nearly every Khmer involved wants to cover it up. I can only surmise this sort of behavior is standard in the kingdom of wonder, and this is the very odd case that made it through to the courts. A preteen student was apparently raped and her parents paid off. I guess the rape was performed by a teacher too? No wonder the 2 Khmer posters are a bit reticent to reveal too much about Cambodia. Which I think is a shame, as I think it may make the site something really special if they did. I expect they would be hung, drawn and quartered for it though, so it comes as no surprise they err on the side of caution.
FYI: I read your original version of this comment.

BTW, it is really wrong to say that Little salary and I are not willing to talk in-depth and reveal about Cambodia and Cambodian. How many threads and comments about Cambodian and Cambodia in general i wrote you have read. Little salary and I shared as much as we know about our culture, people and country here and i also was really stupid to write a lots about my personal information which later some posters used them to attack me, however that is ok. I believe that little salary and I are really open when it comes to talk about Cambodia and Cambodian. If we don't like sharing and learning, we would not spend our time here and might just left the forum long time ago as it was not easy to accept the culture of forum and deal with nutters on internet.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

juansweetpotato wrote:I was just wondering why nobody has commented on the boy that got the same treatment. In a country where even a prostitute feels shy when naked, this is surely a huge sin. Strange how nearly every Khmer involved wants to cover it up. I can only surmise this sort of behavior is standard in the kingdom of wonder, and this is the very odd case that made it through to the courts. A preteen student was apparently raped and her parents paid off. I guess the rape was performed by a teacher too? No wonder the 2 Khmer posters are a bit reticent to reveal too much about Cambodia. Which I think is a shame, as I think it may make the site something really special if they did. I expect they would be hung, drawn and quartered for it though, so it comes as no surprise they err on the side of caution.
JSP, I'm not sure that we are talking about the same article/case here ? No rape and no payoff in this case. Your post is not coherent; reading the thread would help you see what we are talking about. Boys were also stripped apparently, but the focus is on the girl and her family who brought this to the notice of the authorities.
And this is not a "huge sin", it is child abuse. It is certainly not "standard behaviour".
And do you really think that behind every Cambodian classroom door lies some sort of hidden sexual depravity ? That's a strange way of seeing things, to put it mildly. One Khmer pervert doesn't mean they are all at it. :whip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic