Buying Land and Building Hostels in Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
paulinouk
Tourist

Buying Land and Building Hostels in Cambodia

Post by paulinouk »

Hi guys,

I perhaps should have written this post when I had more time as I have to shoot out now, however, a friend mentioned that he is planning on moving to Cambodia soon to buy land and start building a hostel and perhaps a bar (a coastal town I cant remember the name for now).

Anyway, having visited Siem Reap quite a few years ago I Ioved the place...to me it was Thailand that still had a soul and hadn't been completely corrupted by the $ and globalization....

I would love to hear from anybody that could give any form of advice for my friend (I too have a pipe dream of doing this...certainly not to get rich but for a better lifestyle than this unbearable rat race in London)

so yes, any advice on how buying land works, then building on this land, setting up businesses - titles ownership, the corruption side of things, leases, even the economy and how it is performing etc i.e. good links to any reports I could read etc etc.... I presume that the government are welcoming foreign investment now quite strongly!? again, forgive me, as I am right at the beginning of my research so will probably be able to answer my questions myself shortly but would LOVE to hear from anybody that has first hand experience of the above...

Many thanks
Paul
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Buying Land and Building Hostels in Cambodia

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Foreigners cannot own land in Cambodia, but can get a long term lease on land. Try the search function as I'm pretty sure this topic has been discussed in detail previously.
paulinouk
Tourist

Re: Buying Land and Building Hostels in Cambodia

Post by paulinouk »

Yes sure a lot of this has been.... will do... and thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic