Tornado Hits Sihanoukville's Deep Water Seaport

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Tornado Hits Sihanoukville's Deep Water Seaport

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tornado Hit Sihanoukville Deep Water Seaport

Sihanoukville, According to Kampuchea Thmey News, At least several of containers have been blew away and scattered around all over the place in Sihanoukville Deep Water Seaport as they were hit by a tornado during a very heavy rain this morning.

This natural disaster happened around 10:00 am on 15 September 2015. The amount of destruction is not yet calculated. According to the source from the Sihanoukville Deep Water Seaport, There was not one died or injured from this disaster and the amount of damage of the properties is not yet calculated as it was still raining heavily.

PS. Sihanoukville started to have heavy rain since 14 almost every part of sihanoukville and the wave was up to 2 meter at the beaches and islands.

Engrish:
Spoiler:
Ville: The least common across dozens of container blown down container piled pitch in Port Ville because of the effects of tornadoes swept and swept while the sky was raining heavily since morning morning.

Disaster incident occurred at around 10 am on 15 September 2015. This time they did not yet know the extent of the property damage caused by tornadoes morning. According to sources from the port officials said the case of natural disasters do not cause human injury or loss of life . The official said that this sudden, they are not yet able to assess the extent of the damage, because at the moment The sky is still the same intense rainfall. Please note also that the weather in the coastal province of Sihanoukville from 14 yesterday sky heavy rains almost everywhere along the coast and the island of waves nearly 2 meters tall.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Tornado Hit Sihanoukville Deep Water Seaport

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: Tornado Hits Sihanoukville's Deep Water Seaport

Post by Luigi »

Technically a water spout. Even a strong one is very weak compared to a F0 to F1 tornado. Most likely empty containers. But no need to quibble
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Luigi wrote:Technically a water spout. Even a strong one is very weak compared to a F0 to F1 tornado. Most likely empty containers. But no need to quibble
I'm not even certain it's the same "tornado" in the image I posted, but that was taken in Sihanoukville, and I'm seeing all sorts of storm pics from there..
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

it looks like a tsunami ploughed through the beach on serendipity lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Will have to have a look around manana. Full report at 11 something or other.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i have been within 50 meters of the business end of a waterspout in a zodiac inflatable, not much to them.
nothing like a good old panhandle twister.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Lol @ "natural disaster"

:plus1:
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

frank lee bent wrote:i have been within 50 meters of the business end of a waterspout in a zodiac inflatable, not much to them.
nothing like a good old panhandle twister.
Drove a 125' crew boat through the largest one I have ever seen in the Gulf of Mexico. It gets boring out there. Sucked the life float of the wheel house. No big deal.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i was out in the thousand islands off jakarta, the locals on the beach were bowing and salaaming it.
evil spirit.
LOL
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic