Man Hacked His Wife to Death, She Refused To Have Sex

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Therapist
Expatriate

Re: Man Hacked His Wife to Death, She Refused To Have Sex

Post by Therapist »

prahkeitouj wrote:Hmmm.... Wife is not a sex slave. I wonder why men can kill women because of sex?
Love is blind, but sex blind too?
Prahkeitouj,

As mentioned by other posters, these are mentally sick and immature men/boys that commit these crimes; and you understand Cambodian men and Cambodian society better than I do. However, since you ask why MEN can do this to WOMEN, may I humbly suggest reading about Evolutionary Psychology if you have the time.

There is an international bestseller: Introducing Evolutionary Psychology by Dylan Evans and Oscar Zarate. Published by Totem Books.

Any books by John Tooby and Leda Cosmides.

Sex at Dawn by Cacilda Jethá and Christopher Ryan (one of my favorites...it is not a sex book, it is a science book)

ETC.

They are good reading and might help in understanding the roots of our behavior imho and you will not regret reading any of them.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

A slut is a slovenly (untidy/ badly-dressed woman)

It has come to mean loose woman/ whore
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Are they books?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

prahkeitouj wrote:Are they books?
Yes Prahkeitouj,

They are books:
TITLE: Introducing Evolutionary Psychology
Author: Dylan Evans and Oscar Zarate.
Published by Totem Books.
I bought mine in Singapore and could give it to you but I shot with an arrow by accident so there is a hole in it.

TITLE: Sex at Dawn
Authors: Cacilda Jethá and Christopher Ryan

John Tooby and Leda Cosmides are authors that have written many books and papers.

I think you might enjoy them. They are books about evolutionary psychology and have many ideas why men and women might behave as we do.

I like this field because it is more science than pure religion or pure philosophy. I hope you will find time to read about evolutionary psychology. :)
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I hope I can find the books first before I can find time. :)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:A slut is a slovenly (untidy/ badly-dressed woman)

It has come to mean loose woman/ whore
Originally "slattern" until some european nation (possibly looking at you Jaap) made it "slut" - did not have sexual intent in the original form.

One of my Master's papers had a subtitle "Who Stole the Sluts and Shit From Australian Culture?" Did quite well with that. Did you know the Dog didn't originally Sit on the Tuckerbox, it Shat in It? (Aussie literary reference, won't mean much to non-Aussies).
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic