which is your health insurance?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JanKrohn
Expatriate
Germany

Re: which is your health insurance?

Post by JanKrohn »

Considering that the wager is your life, that could've been worse.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I get mine supplied by work but I don't know who the company is or what the policy entails...... I should probably check that. LOL
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what wager? health insurance is a a gamble and i aint broke

to me its a bad gamble
ur betting ur get fucked up so u can use it
the insruance comapny is betting your dont

the house always wins ( otherwise the insurance companies would go bust)
I'm a gambler, no health insurance for me. My gamble lost big time. ~20k in medical fees
$20,000 over how many years of no insurance? if more than 20, hardly any loss
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
JanKrohn
Expatriate
Germany

Post by JanKrohn »

Sure the house always wins. But that's the case with every business you have any kinds of dealings with, be it Lucky Supermarket or your Tuk Tuk driver, or your bank or whatever.

In case of serious health trouble, in the West you end up broke, and you pay them back until you're 120 years old. Here - if you run out of cash, they switch off the machine.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Since we're on the subject, this just popped up in my Facebook feed.....

"Now Compare Health Insurance: An Alliance Group Company"

http://www.NowCompare.com

It will give expats quotes for insurance that covers various things. I put in full coverage, single, 40 years old, male, American, living in Cambodia. It returned rates from $3,667 USD with MSH International to $13,980 USD with Bupa. Ouch.

It also lists insurance policies from Globality, IntegraGlobal and Henner.

It lets you search for whatever you want, including coverage and family members.

Ok, that caught my eye, but that's enough free advertising for one day. :dragonchase:

About NowCompare Health Insurance - International

Welcome to NowCompare, the World's most visited expatriate broker and the premier online comparison website for international health insurance.

If you are either living overseas or planning to begin the expatriate life then you will be able to find all of the best international medical insurance companies online in a simple to use and easy to understand comparison table.

With more agreements in place with more international health insurance companies, NowCompare is considered to be the most comprehensive expatriate international insurance website.

If you are looking to get the best deals on your international health insurance plan then look no further than NowCompare and get you free quotes and comparisons today.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Do you mean Allianz?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Aetna.

They've already paid more than $15,000 in medical bills for me just this year. Twice in Bumrungrad for surgery, one major emergency surgery, one spendy elective surgery, and didn't pay a single baht from admission to discharge.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

JanKrohn wrote:Sure the house always wins. But that's the case with every business you have any kinds of dealings with, be it Lucky Supermarket or your Tuk Tuk driver, or your bank or whatever.

In case of serious health trouble, in the West you end up broke, and you pay them back until you're 120 years old. Here - if you run out of cash, they switch off the machine.
In the west i get all my health care for free :P

in 28 so my health isnt a great concern regards to needing insurance, i've not had health insurance for years whilst being in Cambodia, but after a couple of accidents on my moto (where i was lucky to just come out with cuts and bruises) it has made me consider health insurance, not so much for general medical shit, as id rather just pay for that like sailorman says just as and when i need it, but just in the rare occasion that if i died, my family wouldnt have to fork out to fly my body home back to england, it happened to my uncle 5 years ago but luckily he had insurance, i wouldnt fork out how much most of these posters are paying though...

was looking at some travel/health insurance and the cheapest i found was i think $200 for the year
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bob
Tourist

Post by bob »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
JanKrohn wrote:Sure the house always wins. But that's the case with every business you have any kinds of dealings with, be it Lucky Supermarket or your Tuk Tuk driver, or your bank or whatever.

In the west i get all my health care for free :P

in 28 so my health isnt a great concern regards to needing insurance, i've not had health insurance for years whilst being in Cambodia, but after a couple of accidents on my moto (where i was lucky to just come out with cuts and bruises) it has made me consider health insurance, not so much for general medical shit, as id rather just pay for that like sailorman says just as and when i need it, but just in the rare occasion that if i died, my family wouldnt have to fork out to fly my body home back to england, it happened to my uncle 5 years ago but luckily he had insurance, i wouldnt fork out how much most of these posters are paying though...

was looking at some travel/health insurance and the cheapest i found was i think $200 for the year
$200 a year. Wow, that must be something.
JanKrohn
Expatriate
Germany

Post by JanKrohn »

That's a probably just travel insurance that in case of sickness will try to transfer you back to your home country asap, where you get free healthcare (in case of UK), or need to pay the bill yourself (in the other 149 countries)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic