ThaiVisa.com website has been sold!

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

ThaiVisa.com website has been sold!

Post by 4000islandsguy »

Not sure if it is true or not but according to stickman Thaivisa will announce it has been sold this week.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Stickman ... i-Visa.htm
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thaivisa sold?

Post by phuketrichard »

wow,
wonder if it true, nothing on thai visa about it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

That $3 million valuation is batshit. Internet business sell in multiples of monthly earnings not annual earnings.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

could be some truth
i posted on Thai visa and asked ,an it was immediately deleted.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Good business I'd imagine with the advertising model it has developed over the years. As a useful information source I think its an excellent site and I enjoy the photography and travel sections.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yes, its been sold,
just got confirmation from a mod/friend.

i use it for info and look at the phuket/travel sections.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: ThaiVisa.com website has been sold!

Post by ExPenhMan »

The site operates largely on the efforts of some very talented, knowledgeable moderators. Apparently all unpaid. Honestly, I don't know why people devote their waking lives to this business in which one man will likely gain millions on the sale, never mind the $50,000+ a month in revenue.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hey; many of the posters spend their entire days on Thai visa
if ur stuck up in Issan , not much else to do LOL

They would be totally lost without thai visa

heard a figure of 40 mil announcement tomorrow
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

Well I hope they don't change too much about TV. Despite sometimes overly zealous mods and the rabid posters, it is the go to site for information on Thailand.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

New owners;

HAVE A GREAT RELAXING VACATION GEORGE AFTER 13 YEARS, U DESERVE IT :beer3:
choice Group Asia acquire Thaivisa Media Group to become the biggest foreign media in Thailand

September 1st 2015
Choice Group Asia today announced the acquisition of Thaivisa.com and its associated platforms and products from Thaivisa Expat Group Co. Ltd., which will add to their current media portfolio that also includes Pattaya Channel TV and Inspire Digital Media Group.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/852 ... -thailand/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic