Local Witnessed Rip Off Toward Foreigner and Took Action

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Local Witnessed Rip Off Toward Foreigner and Took Action

Post by juansweetpotato »

Otis wrote:As few months ago, I bought a sugar cane juice from a street seller around St 118 near Psar Themy. It was 1,000 reil. I gave her a 10,000 reil bill by mistake and walked away. She and another customer called and walked after me and gave me the right change. And otherwise I've had mostly pretty good experience w. Khmer honesty.
Except its R500 city price :facepalm: Less in the countryside/ If a glass of Sting is 1000 and has to be factory processed botled delivered etc, I wish some of you would use your brains every once in a while.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

juansweetpotato wrote:Except its R500 city price :facepalm: Less in the countryside/ If a glass of Sting is 1000 and has to be factory processed botled delivered etc, I wish some of you would use your brains every once in a while.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

@juansweetpotato you must be fun at parties.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

he wouldn't recognise irony if it smacked him in his large empty head.

god he must be fun for trolls.

oh well,
it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
a literal bible believer?
insults 5 of us serially, great pithy contribution,
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

6 years of hearing that moronic bullshit over and over and over again. Bout time I snapped I think. :hattip:

You do realise that the 2 Khmer posters on here get their giggles from all these moronic pricing posts. Just be honest with yourselves and face it, you have pretty much all been here ages and still you haven't a f'ing clue about the prices.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

juansweetpotato wrote:6 years of hearing that moronic bullshit over and over and over again. Bout time I snapped I think. :hattip:
It doesn't concern you that it's apparently way more important to you than it should be?
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

StroppyChops wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:6 years of hearing that moronic bullshit over and over and over again. Bout time I snapped I think. :hattip:
It doesn't concern you that it's apparently way more important to you than it should be?
Listen pal, if getting ripped off doesn't concern you, you must be one in a few. Unfortunately they do seem to amalgamate in Cambodia. I often wonder if the average Khmer view barang like the prostitute here does. Good man = doesn't know anything. Bad man = knows the scams. Solution? Get rid of the clever ones. lol

I really don't appreciate consuming low grade shit and paying 2- 6 times more for it. I'm not going to explain it anymore. It's too obvious.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

kiwiincambodia wrote:@juansweetpotato you must be fun at parties.
Yep, you really don't want to meet me.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

juansweetpotato wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
Listen pal, if getting ripped off doesn't concern you, you must be one in a few. Unfortunately they do seem to amalgamate in Cambodia. I often wonder if the average Khmer view barang like the prostitute here does. Good man = doesn't know anything. Bad man = knows the scams. Solution? Get rid of the clever ones. lol

I really don't appreciate consuming low grade shit and paying 2- 6 times more for it. I'm not going to explain it anymore. It's too obvious.
Would you like to edit your earlier post a few more times now, "pal"?

Whether you're going to explain it more is moot - your concern that others pay too much for a coffee seems a little too passionate to me, but hey, each to their own. I pay the same price for a Khmer iced coffee as the Khmer do, and the 'average Khmer' I know treat me with the same respect as I treat them - including the one Khmer guy that posts here that I've met in person. Your experience may (and clearly does) vary.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

glad you enjoy life here so much, remind us why you are here?
all you seem capable of is spewing vitriol in a very uneducated way.

why not go and infest somewhere your intellectual superiority is recognised and worshipped?

or maybe grow a hide you whining infant.
i hear new jersey and baltimore are nice this time of year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic