Cambodia – Roundworms – Cats – Kittens – Humans

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia – Roundworms – Cats – Kittens – Humans

Post by prahkeitouj »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
How to give a cat a tablet: easy.....wrap the cat in a towel, like this:

Great! Hope it works with my cat. :-)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

prahkeitouj wrote:Thanks SC and CJM555. They seem good clinics, but maybe I want to go to a clinic with cheap price and good care. :-)
These folks are good and competitively priced.
If I remember correctly, worming tablet for the dog was $1 dollar or approx 4,071.50 Riel.
The also weigh the constantly moving, fidgety victim to ascertain the correct dosage.
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

CJM555 wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Thanks SC and CJM555. They seem good clinics, but maybe I want to go to a clinic with cheap price and good care. :-)
These folks are good and competitively priced.
If I remember correctly, worming tablet for the dog was $1 dollar or approx 4,071.50 Riel.
The also weigh the constantly moving, fidgety victim to ascertain the correct dosage.
Image reasonable price. :-)
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:

Great videos! I must agree that cats like gentle touch. :-):-):-)
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:

Pah, those cats must've been sedated first. I've had 5 cats and none of them were as calm or docile as these once the towel appeared.

Wrap loosely? Ha ha, they'll wriggle out. Wrap 'em tight and use a bath towel so there's less chance of them getting a paw out.

Lift their head and the lower jaw will naturally fall open? Err hello, they'll clamp their jaw shut and wriggle like crazy.

Gently pop the pill into their mouth and blow on their nose to encourage them to swallow? ROFL. Better be wearing gardening gloves and hope the towel was tight and big enough that they haven't got a paw out yet.

You need 2 assistants to use one of those pill dropper thingies to get the pill right onto the back of their throat. The water syringe to encourage them to swallow is a good idea though.

Best thing to do is find a vet that makes home visits.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Mrs S rolls our Burmese on his back and puts a little pressure on the side of his jaw - his mouth pops open, she drops the tablet in, he swallows it and waits for a pat. He's not docile though, he draws blood (with me) during play. It's in the training.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

Walkjivefly....it actually depends on your cat. You cannot expect that they are using feral cats that go crazy when they make such movies. My cat is extremely easy going. I don't need towels at all....just open his mouth, put the pill in and he swallows it.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

I used to just put worming paste on my cats front paws. He hated "messy paws"and would lick them clean immediately :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic