Would the poor support a revolution?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Would the poor support a revolution?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:I can't do anything about it except wishing ww3 starts in the Middle East rather than china sea.
I think I am gonna open myself a bottle of wine and watch a comedy.
Sounds good. :thumb:
I'm going to read Wilt. (Also with a glass of wine.)
Carry on WW3...
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

ONE bottle?

Lightweight.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

JL: I see this man as a target, not a kindred spirit.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Revolutions are never grassroots movements.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Agree. But it doesn't really matter where they come from, but many are coming.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

The Add Jay wrote:Revolutions are never grassroots movements.
The October revolution was a grass roots revolution, however there is no denying that once the masses were in power and the country became self governing and self administrating, the new authorities sought to take control of this "grass roots movement" (see From Tsar To Soviets By Christopher Reed ch 10 The popular movement in the revolutionary war)

Also:
The October Revolution was by any definition, a "grassroots" movement. It was carried out by the Soviets of workers and soldiers. Even the Bolshevik party that guided it was by and large a party of the people. Also quite certainly, it achieved the goals of its instigators, i.e. a people's republic. Even though other problems arose (the rise of a ruling oligarchy and the return of autocracy and an exploitative economic system), these were not tied to the old system. That means that the major players in Russia's power struggle before the Revolution were entirely neutralised and were unable to play any role subsequently. http://www.quora.com/Were-there-wheneve ... evolutions
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sailorman wrote:JL: I see this man as a target, not a kindred spirit.
haha very true that :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
GonzoBobH
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GonzoBobH »

:dm:
It's all foma ~ kv
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Student arrested after posting about 'revolution'

An anti-government activist has been imprisoned over a social media post in which he called for people in Cambodia to join him in a “colour revolution”, though critics of the arrest say he enjoys no political influence.

Kong Raiya, 25, was captured on Thursday outside Phnom Penh’s Khemarak University, where he was about to sit his foundation year final exam, and taken to Phnom Penh Municipal Court for questioning over a statement he had published on August 7.

“Who dares to launch the colour revolution with me? Someday in the future, I will launch the colour revolution in order to change the cheap regime running Cambodian society; even if I am sent to the prison or die, I am determined to do it”, Raiya wrote in a Facebook status under the name “Soriya Koko”.

After being questioned, he was sent to Prey Sar prison on Friday, where he awaits trial.

Interior Ministry Central Security official Teang Sarat refused to clarify what Raiya is set to be charged with.

“If you want to know about the law, please ask the court”, he said.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/s ... revolution
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Yup, not much chance here.

Seems bds was wrong, people are concerned about it, but we knew that.

The topic was actually concerning western countries where people have tired of the wall St. capitalist mantra ' capitalism rewards hard work'.

For 1%, maybe. For the rest, not adequately.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic