African Man Drove his Camry Car to Hit People House

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: African Man Drove his Camry Car to Hit People House

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:Hehehe.... people call me black sometimes. I do hate it. That is why I never post any picture with my African friends because most people don't think that they insult us.
Was it Cambodian calling you this ? I was called by a barang haha which i found offensive as i do believe that they are more aware about racism than Cambodian.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

No barag call me like this ,but I think it's not funny at all for calling like this by barang.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Hehehe.... people call me black sometimes. I do hate it. That is why I never post any picture with my African friends because most people don't think that they insult us.
Was it Cambodian calling you this ? I was called by a barang haha which i found offensive as i do believe that they are more aware about racism than Cambodian.
prahkeitouj wrote:No barag call me like this ,but I think it's not funny at all for calling like this by barang.
:x
Any barang who talks to you like this is an ignorant piece of shite. There is your proof Samouth, that all westerners do not have education, or even half a brain that they could use if they knew how to operate it.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Among Cambodians 'kmao' (black) is a common nickname and no one seems to be offended by it. I find his story not believable -- the immediate thought comes to mind for foreigners when referring to Khmer skin color is brown or dark.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

flying chicken wrote:Among Cambodians 'kmao' (black) is a common nickname and no one seems to be offended by it. I find his story not believable -- the immediate thought comes to mind for foreigners when referring to Khmer skin color is brown or dark.
Just because Khmers are rude, it doesn't make it ok.
I have a friend who gets called black and fat. That doesn't mean he likes it, and it is not meant as a compliment.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I have 2 friends have the nickname Kmao, it doesnt bother them. I partially agree with you, if you dont know the person and called them black, yes it is definitely rude.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

flying chicken wrote:Among Cambodians 'kmao' (black) is a common nickname and no one seems to be offended by it. I find his story not believable -- the immediate thought comes to mind for foreigners when referring to Khmer skin color is brown or dark.
You actually didn't read the whole thread all all. I said I was called little brown people. I would be really mad if someone ever call me kmao. I am not that black. My mom is Chinese and my dad is half Khmer and Chinese. I don't care if you believe it or not, that'd doesn't make any different with the fact that I was offended.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

flying chicken wrote:I have 2 friends have the nickname Kmao, it doesnt bother them. I partially agree with you, if you dont know the person and called them black, yes it is definitely rude.
If we know the person, it's still offensive. Only not well-educated people use this word as a normal thing to call other. We use it to name animals.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic