Cambodian Belief About Suicide by Hanging

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Belief About Suicide by Hanging

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i havent been to them i dont think, my friends did take me to one beach once but i dont think it had a name, will do some exploring when im back for these new ones
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i havent been to them i dont think, my friends did take me to one beach once but i dont think it had a name, will do some exploring when im back for these new ones
How is that possible ?
Listening to forums I thought all SHV expats were the no passport no visa, methheads, deathpats kind ?... ;)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:i havent been to them i dont think, my friends did take me to one beach once but i dont think it had a name, will do some exploring when im back for these new ones
How is that possible ?
Listening to forums I thought all SHV expats were the no passport no visa, methheads, deathpats kind ?... ;)
haha, i do actually need to get a new passport (old ones ran out of pages [bloody visas!])... but thats cool, once i get back into the kingdom i can sell my new passport for some more meth to have mass drug fueld orgies with hookers, then i will go on a hunt for these beaches where i can live and hide to avoid the authorities :good:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:
How is that possible ?
haha, i do actually need to get a new passport (old ones ran out of pages [bloody visas!])... but thats cool, once i get back into the kingdom i can sell my new passport for some more meth to have mass drug fueld orgies with hookers, then i will go on a hunt for these beaches where i can live and hide to avoid the authorities :good:
:thumb: Sign me up. Sounds like a good plan. %)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:
How is that possible ?
:thumb: Sign me up. Sounds like a good plan. %)
:dm: :beer:
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

You have to check them out as they are beautiful beaches. I guess they are still unspoiled. I hope they allow people to get it.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:
How is that possible ?
haha is that a normal get laid for expat in Sihanoukville, sound so much fun. :facepalm:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Samouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:
How is that possible ?
haha is that a normal get laid for expat in Sihanoukville, sound so much fun. :facepalm:
according to some of the posters from the PP-elite we do lol
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

it should be clarified, that such "believes" are nothing special (for cambodia).

its the oldest believes actually, that people hurting others/themselves are "possessed" with something.

this led e.g. to "exorcism" in europe by the catholic church, which is a thoroughly planned and performed "ceremony" as well.
the vatican still has exorcists operating.

if you look at the western history, this concept of (another party involved in the disease) was eliminated only by "modern psychiatry", starting in the 50s.

since then, they established or enforced a new thinking, that all and everything is just caused/a result of "our free will" or our misunderstandings of things and situations.
most, they like the theory "your father/mother is to blame".

so, who is wrong? is it possession or is it free will?
psychiatry is dead wrong.

the thinking that its our own fault and nothing else involved costs many lives and makes even more of them a monstrous misery.

call it spirit or call it a sort of "inflammation" - the so-called mental diseases are caused by "third parties".
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

theres still a lot to learn and understand about the brain
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic