Sexpat Stereotype takes toll on daughters and fathers

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: Sexpat Stereotype takes toll on daughters and fathers

Post by Samouth »

phuketrichard wrote:ONE important thing;
a true pedophile does not CHOOSE to be one, ( nor does he necessarily enjoy/like it in the traditional sense of enjoyment), it is a disorder of sexual preference.
Some adults have pedophilic feelings but do not act by sexually abusing children. Some adults who are not pedophiles commit sexual abuse against children.

Do some more research Samouth

OK question
is a 17 year old boy having sex with a 16 year old girl a Pedophile?
I would say NO>

NOW that we have settled that?

Read " Off the rails in Phnom Penh" written by Amit Gilboa
a good description of what PP was like in the late 90's

If ur shocked by SP in the late 1990's how do u feel about rich aisans wanting sex with underage virgins?
that must really push ur buttons

Bhodi;
just dont take one home with you and offer her/he a shower to clean up
NOR allow a bar girl to bring her "little sister " to ur room
this is a big set up scam in PI although have not heard of it happening to much in Thailand or Cambodia
I wouldn't say 17 year old boy having sex with a 16 year old girl a Pedophile either. Just they are not old enough to be a consenting age to have sex.

I would say, pedophile refers to someone who is really old and prefer to have sex with children.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Oh I see. Thank you. I also searched example of this word too.
Sometime, it is so easy, you just have to guess the meaning first before you check it. However in order to do that you need a certain level of vocabulary knowledge. Reading can really improve your knowledge of vocabulary. :)
Yes, I think so. I also read the article and guessed the meaning, but I was not sure if sexpats intend to have sex with only children or women too. then I searched google to see the examples. It's still difficult to distinguish between expat and sexpat.
I think Richard has already given you the meaning of expat and sexpat. I will just point out what to call for those who would like to have sex with children.

For someone who like having sex with children call pedophile or pedos. I challenge you to read about Svay Pak. If you haven't read anything about it, it will shock you to realise the reality of our society.
I heard it was the famous place for prostitutes during UNTAC. I think I have read it and a video clip too, but I was not sure how much I understood it then I forgot. please PM me the link.
I am not sure it was an infamous place for people during UNTAC time, probably true. I only read on Wikipedia and a few articles and a few documentaries.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I am not sure it was an infamous place for people during UNTAC time, probably true.
When I first visited here in the late 90s I was told that it had been set up as a brothel area for Vietnamese soldiers sometime after 1979. That said, there were loads of similar areas around then. Just past the French Embassy on street 70 was a massive brothel area, and parts of 63 (not far from where Sorya is now) was similar. It's not like all the vice was just going on in one area either. And it hasn't gone away - it's just harder to see because so much of it is hidden behind the opaque walls of KTVs and massage parlors etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

John Bingham wrote:
I am not sure it was an infamous place for people during UNTAC time, probably true.
When I first visited here in the late 90s I was told that it had been set up as a brothel area for Vietnamese soldiers sometime after 1979. That said, there were loads of similar areas around then. Just past the French Embassy on street 70 was a massive brothel area, and parts of 63 (not far from where Sorya is now) was similar. It's not like all the vice was just going on in one area either. And it hasn't gone away - it's just harder to see because so much of it is hidden behind the opaque walls of KTVs and massage parlors etc.
That's true. I was living in Sorya area in an old building during 90s, near Sorya Restaurant. We couldn't recognize simple people and prostitutes. When my sisters and I came back from school we walked fast or ran because we often saw many strange men came to the building.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Doodles
Tourist

Post by Doodles »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:I of course agree with the article but I am fed up to see Chris Minko once again featured in a newspaper article. He owes my friend Phon at Kandal house several thousand of unpaid bills and as such is only a thieving cunt.
Hi Barang _doa Slae
I am Anya Minko, Chris Minko's daughter. I am not a coward hiding behind an avatar here to talk shit about people. Anyways, I saw your comment and it really disturbed me because my father is not a thieving cunt, he has fucking sacrificed everything and has worked his ass off for years helping Cambodians and in the end, he has taken nothing for himself, unlike a lot of NGO workers claiming, they are here in Cambodia to help Cambodians, when they are actually helping themselves. Anyways, I took a walk down to Kandal House today and spoke to Phnon personally, I showed him your comment and Phon told me, he has no idea who you are and clearly stated there are no debts and has no idea what you are talking about. SO, you sir - whoever you are, it would be greatly appreciated if you deleted your little piss taking comment about my father, Phnom Penh is a town full of people knifing people for no reason, it is full of people who enjoy talking shit about others who do good and simply nothing else, its a town full of expats who do nothing but sit in bars, drinking and talking endless dribble because they have nothing better to do.

Thank you.
My father has accomplished way more then you have or ever will Mr. Barang_doa_Slae
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

Doodles wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:I of course agree with the article but I am fed up to see Chris Minko once again featured in a newspaper article.
Hi Barang _doa Slae
I am Anya Minko, Chris Minko's daughter. I am not a coward hiding behind an avatar here to talk shit about people. Anyways, I saw your comment and it really disturbed me because my father is not a thieving cunt, he has fucking sacrificed everything and has worked his ass off for years helping Cambodians and in the end, he has taken nothing for himself, unlike a lot of NGO workers claiming, they are here in Cambodia to help Cambodians, when they are actually helping themselves. Anyways, I took a walk down to Kandal House today and spoke to Phnon personally, I showed him your comment and Phon told me, he has no idea who you are and clearly stated there are no debts and has no idea what you are talking about. SO, you sir - whoever you are, it would be greatly appreciated if you deleted your little piss taking comment about my father, Phnom Penh is a town full of people knifing people for no reason, it is full of people who enjoy talking shit about others who do good and simply nothing else, its a town full of expats who do nothing but sit in bars, drinking and talking endless dribble because they have nothing better to do.

Thank you.
My father has accomplished way more then you have or ever will Mr. Barang_doa_Slae
If Doodles really is Anya Minko, you just got owned.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I am really surprised that Phon didn't tell you who I am, he should have. I am his original partner so now you know.
I am also really surprised he told you your father didn't owe him money.
In any case I will call Phon very soon and ask him precisely. If it is as you say I will delete and even possibly apology depending of the real story.
But Phon has told me so many times about this debt that I doubt
I any case it was possibly a good thing that this old story finally be sorted out.
Last edited by Barang_doa_slae on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doodles
Tourist

Post by Doodles »

Call Phon and clarify. Secondly your allegations are slanderous and defamatory, thirdly if you've got a problem with my father, talk to him. Don't hide behind an avatar spilling out bullshit.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Message edited while you wrote yours
Doodles
Tourist

Post by Doodles »

Yes, I noticed your edit.
Wipe your comments related to my father.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic