NZ to change their flag?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: NZ to change their flag?

Post by frank lee bent »

i like them both.
the union jack is a bit dated.
will take a lot more than a logo change to shift the colonial reality though
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

It's actually not the new flag.

It is the flag that will go to a vote and head to head against the current flag.

For the record I like the new one and would vote for it.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I lost interest in the flag debate, after they would not consider my design of a flag, being brown , in colour, to represent the colour of the original owners of the land. Then a puha leaf instead of the fern, and four kina, instead of the stars.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

kiwiincambodia wrote:It's actually not the new flag.

It is the flag that will go to a vote and head to head against the current flag.
Isn't that what my post said?

%)
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Username Taken wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:It's actually not the new flag.

Isn't that what my post said?

%)
Sort of. I didn't ready all of it. ImageImage
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Voting is underway to decide if NZ will have a new flag, but for a number of reasons the Kiwis don't seem very enthusiastic. Voting continues until tomorrow evening:
New Zealand is on the cusp of deciding whether to change its flag, nearly a year after the process began – and polls indicate the result will be anticlimactic.

Voters have been asked to decide between the current flag and a black and blue design with a silver fern by postal referendum.

Voting closes on Thursday, with preliminary results expected to be announced at about 8.30pm local time. The official result is unlikely to differ but will be confirmed the following Wednesday...

But according to a telephone survey undertaken in the last week of February, almost two-thirds of New Zealanders want to maintain the status quo, with 59% agreeing the issue had been “a distraction and a waste of money”, and that voting for the current flag would “send John Key a message”...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/m ... new-design
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

They should choose the new dildo face flag, as suggested by john Oliver.

Even NZ native Peter Jackson endorsed it:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote:Voting is underway to decide if NZ will have a new flag, but for a number of reasons the Kiwis don't seem very enthusiastic. Voting continues until tomorrow evening:
New Zealand is on the cusp of deciding whether to change its flag, nearly a year after the process began – and polls indicate the result will be anticlimactic.

Voters have been asked to decide between the current flag and a black and blue design with a silver fern by postal referendum.

Voting closes on Thursday, with preliminary results expected to be announced at about 8.30pm local time. The official result is unlikely to differ but will be confirmed the following Wednesday...

But according to a telephone survey undertaken in the last week of February, almost two-thirds of New Zealanders want to maintain the status quo, with 59% agreeing the issue had been “a distraction and a waste of money”, and that voting for the current flag would “send John Key a message”...

What happened to the vote for the NZ flag. Do they / we / I have a new flag yet ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Duncan wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:Voting is underway to decide if NZ will have a new flag, but for a number of reasons the Kiwis don't seem very enthusiastic. Voting continues until tomorrow evening:

What happened to the vote for the NZ flag. Do they / we / I have a new flag yet ?

I cant remember exactly but, I thought they vote for keeping the original flag won. So to answer your question, NO we will not be getting a new flag which is a shame IMHO....

edit: just checked and confirmed the above.....

New Zealand votes to keep its flag after 56.6% back the status quo
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... referendum
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Good because that alternative looked like a tea towel from a souvenir shop.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic