Japanese Retail Giant To Open Second AEON MALL in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Japanese Retail Giant To Open Second AEON MALL in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: What's better than Aeon Mall? A second Aeon Mall that's bigger and better than the old one, of course. You can never have too many shopping centers.

While they haven't released much information about the new Aeon Mall, we know that it will be 151,000 square meters in floor space, compared to the current one that's 108,000 square meters, which cost $205 million.

The bad news? You will still have to shop at the old Aeon Mall until 2018.

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia – Japanese retail giant Aeon has announced that it will open a second shopping mall in Cambodia’s capital Phnom Penh in 2018, local media reported Saturday.

The company’s first mall, which opened in July last year, has drawn 15 million visitors and led experts to say that it heralded the age of consumerism in Cambodia, where a rapidly growing middle class can now afford to buy Western brands after decades of war and reconstruction.

...continued...

http://www.newsfultoncounty.com/life-st ... an-capital
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Japanese Retail Giant To Open Second AEON MALL in Phnom

Post by hanno »

y first ever visit to Aeon was last Saturday. The place was ghost-city, I had a massive hang-over, and I got out as quickly as I could. Why would they open a second one?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

hanno wrote:y first ever visit to Aeon was last Saturday. The place was ghost-city, I had a massive hang-over, and I got out as quickly as I could. Why would they open a second one?
I have it on good authority that they were watching the cameras that day, and there was no one there...enter one hungover German...and the senior partner says to the others:

サイアムから二日酔いドイツ語はここでつまずく自分自身を強制することができますリアップ場合には、どのようにハードそれが第二の位置に落ち着いたクメール人を取得することができます性交しますか?

(Fuck it, if a hungover German from Siam Reap can force himself to stumble in here, how hard can it be to get sober Khmers into a second location?)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

^^^^^ Just what I was thinking. Most shoppers are looky-loos and don't buy anything except drinks and snacks.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Even in Bangkok, most of the malls are empty all the time, apart from the food courts, but there are at least 3 more mega malls under construction that I know of. There is obviously money in there somewhere, just not for the retailers.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

vladimir wrote:
hanno wrote:y first ever visit to Aeon was last Saturday. The place was ghost-city, I had a massive hang-over, and I got out as quickly as I could. Why would they open a second one?
I have it on good authority that they were watching the cameras that day, and there was no one there...enter one hungover German...and the senior partner says to the others:

サイアムから二日酔いドイツ語はここでつまずく自分自身を強制することができますリアップ場合には、どのようにハードそれが第二の位置に落ち着いたクメール人を取得することができます性交しますか?

(Fuck it, if a hungover German from Siam Reap can force himself to stumble in here, how hard can it be to get sober Khmers into a second location?)
Hmm, Google translate gives me this (after putting it through a couple of more times):

As Germany of Siem Reap, you will be able to force yourself to stumble from hangover Siam here, in that case, it is possible it is to obtain the Khmer settled in second position fuck you do it becomes how hard?
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Now it's starting to make sense. esp, with a hangover.

Do you think the Malls are useful for washing money?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I would expect that the numerous shopping malls, shopping centers, and recently built or under construction office buildings are all laundromats.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

vladimir wrote:

That was some of the most confusing Japanese I've ever had to read...
-insert signature here
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

LOL, blame Google translate, my Japanese is limited to two words: Asa Akira :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic