Japanese Retail Giant To Open Second AEON MALL in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Japanese Retail Giant To Open Second AEON MALL in Phnom

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Hanno, in your pic she looks pretty hot. But, after google image searching her, I think I have to agree with AE86, she really does have "a really weird pointy face reminiscent of a witch or something".
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

AE86 wrote:That was some of the most confusing Japanese I've ever had to read...
What can you do? \_ツ_/
Scarier than malaria.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Username Taken wrote:^^ Hanno, in your pic she looks pretty hot. But, after google image searching her, I think I have to agree with AE86, she really does have "a really weird pointy face reminiscent of a witch or something".
Admittedly, I have never looked at her chin.....
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I'm happy that everyone enjoy their time at this maill, but I hate traffic jam when I go to Aeon. It's too big for me to walk and I always get lose. I can't even find the cinema. I can't find anything to buy there because it's very expensive!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^The food isn't too bad, pricewise, and the two places I went I found were really quite good. That was Japanese food though (Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki

Daiso has a lot of cheap stuff, but it's not nice stuff though. Just average everyday things.
-insert signature here
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

prahkeitouj wrote:I'm happy that everyone enjoy their time at this maill, but I hate traffic jam when I go to Aeon. It's too big for me to walk and I always get lose.

I can't even find the cinema.

I can't find anything to buy there because it's very expensive!

It's worthwhile finding, and seeing a 4D movie. You will need someone to go with you and hold your hand as it can be scary. May I suggest you ask the General to take you.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Duncan wrote:
It's worthwhile finding, and seeing a 4D movie. You will need someone to go with you and hold your hand as it can be scary. May I suggest you ask the General to take you.
Ha! I'm down. I just saw Mission Impossible there in 4D. First 4D movie I've ever seen.

I was a little disappointed that that actual movie was only 2D though. We had fans blowing on us, water mist, crazy ass seats, and even smoke in the cinema at one point. Personally, I didn't like that smoke. That's about the last thing you want to see creeping towards you in a dark cinema, period.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I've been to AEON Mall twice now. Both times it looked pretty busy to me.

Place felt like it was lacking in most brand names that catch my eye, but I'm fully aware they didn't build the place for Westerners.

They also had a few bars downstairs that seemed filled with upper classyish Khmers. Munich Beer Gardens even had a place.

And some assholes even parked their Range Rovers right in that middle of the mall! :facepalm:

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

But that is the thing: you see people. But how many do you see actually buying something????

And there is a Munich Beer Garden? And I spent my time with my GF looking at lingerie? Fuck, fuck, fuck!!!!!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Yeah, no clue about that. Cinema was packed though.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic