Close call

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Close call

Post by vladimir »

On the way home tonight, passed a tuk tuk, but there was gravel on the median, or possibly oil.

Bike flipped, I landed in front of the tuk tuk but facing away, he couldn't stop and drove into my head.

Minor cuts/roasties and bruises, sore back, otherwise fine

Tuk tuk stopped and passengers and driver helped me up and get the bike up, driver spoke perfect English

Then he dropped off his passengers and came back to see if I was oK/if he could take me to my home

A Khmer guy who lived in the States for a long time.

I'd like to find him and his passengers and thank them properly

Moral: buy a full-face helmet, it will save your life one day.

Oh, and whisky on a roastie hurts like hell

Miraculously, my laptop is fine, my phone is fine, haven't really checked the bike yet.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Re: Close call

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

You are one kind of a lucky guy, Vladimir. The streets of PP are murderous. Good to have you back. Clean your wounds now, and apply some antibiotic cream.

P.S.: be happy that there wasn't a truck behind you.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I look at it this way:

If it had been a truck,1) I wouldn't have to work ever again, and 2) you wouldn't have to tolerate weak puns anymore
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

an accident u walk away from , be thankfull
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

vladimir wrote:I look at it this way:

If it had been a truck,1) I wouldn't have to work ever again, and 2) you wouldn't have to tolerate weak puns anymore
First recover, and then we are going to have a little discussion about point 1 (I wouldn't have to work ever again). Get well soon for now.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Glad to hear you're ok Vlad, and great to hear of the assistance you received.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Glad you are ok vlad but next time please have the tuk tuk drive onto either your laptop or your hands rather than your face. Your wife and boards members will be grateful for that. :pardon:
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Does this mean I have to check your suspension out as well? I'd help with a medical as well, but I didn't pass my 1st year in uni so...

Just kidding, glad you're alive. I came out of an accident last week and am still limping from it, seems like you came off better than I did.
-insert signature here
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

tough cookie mate#! :)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Whoa. Glad you made it. Godspeed, brother. Burning one for you. Break a leg next time.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic