Close call

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Close call

Post by rozzieoz »

Holy shit you're so lucky! How scary though :(
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

It happened so quickly, I didn't really have time to be scared, but when I realised the tuk tuk guy was not going to be able to stop, I must confess I had a flutter.

I always say you can't really tell if you've been badly hurt until the next morning.

My ribs hurt like bloody hell

Betadine on cuts, mobic 7.5mg for inflammation, paracetamol and time will fix it
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Vlad,

Thank goodness you're alright.

Of the nine lives you had,
how many do you have left?
I’m down to two.

You’re a tough sob.
Again, thank goodness your okay!
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Vlad, I am just going to put this out off my chest.

When I first met Sansun, I was back then broke after finishing my 2nd degree and standing in front of the riverside waiting and Sansun rushed from work brought us to Garage on Humphey's birthday (unknowingly) . Talked to H, he doesnt know me then, a few months later back to PP again, came to Garage just want to see wft these Keyboard warrior up to, ran into H again and we are still acquainted (up till this day). He brought up how he helped with your lost bikes; then it just strike me because you actually posted on k440 that your motorbikes got stolen a few months earlier.

Moral of the story: be grateful and spend less time off the keyboard.

Your love,

Chicken

p.s. not sure if jm remember it, but I managed to request Blink182 songs. Haha.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

Glad to hear you're ok vlad; has to happen occasionally to every rider. Get those ribs checked out maybe.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

Glad to hear you are OK. Good job you didn't fall in front of a Lexus driven by a lawyer. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

It's amazing how fast our brain works during/after an accident. (thinking) Is this going to hurt? How bad I wonder?

I've gone over the handlebars and landed on the top of my helmet and slid 30 feet (on grass) perfectly vertical until a gentle forward rollout. I remember watching my 250cc doing a slo-mo somersault as I was facing backward and worrying if my back was going to hit a tree. No personal scrapes, grass stains on the top of helmet but broke a clutch lever. What are the odds of ever doing that (dis)graceful dismount again?

Sometimes we get lucky. Good luck Vlad on your recovery.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

vladimir wrote:...I landed in front of the tuk tuk but facing away, he couldn't stop and drove into my head.

Minor cuts/roasties and bruises, sore back, otherwise fine
Minor cuts? Bruises? The fuck if he will get the second half of the agreed upon payment now.
Spoiler:
Damn, lucky bastard! Glad you made it!
Was the Tuk-Tuk that stopped to help the same one that hit you? If so, that was pretty brave.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Was it a PUNcture?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

A hit and pun
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic