Group Arrested for Keeping 13 Year Old Girl As Sex Slave

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Ed Hammer
Expatriate

Re: Many Arrested for Keeping 13 Year Old Girl As Sex Slave

Post by Ed Hammer »

hanno wrote:Her own aunt!!!

And why is the Cham woman allowed to put on a veil. She is no more Muslim than I am.
What a ignorant comment, from the sycophantic man.
General Mackevili: I just don't want you littering our forum with your drivel.
Ed Hammer
Expatriate

Re: Group Arrested for Keeping 13 Year Old Girl As Sex Slave

Post by Ed Hammer »

Those who go to lady bars, know this . The majority of those girl have been coerced by family or friend. Make no mistake about that.
General Mackevili: I just don't want you littering our forum with your drivel.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Ed Hammer wrote:Those who go to lady bars, know this . The majority of those girl have been coerced by family or friend. Make no mistake about that.
If u mean that cause they come from a poor family an no hope or options but working 10 hour days in a factory for $120/month
vs having a chance to have fun with their lives and maybe meet a rich Barang and make more money to help their families

Than i agree
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
KPTIC wrote:Let Sharia law work this one out.
If Sharia Law were applied in this case, the victim would most likely be the one most severely punished unfortunately. I do like Kung-Fu Hillbilly's suggestion though.

Poor girl, this literally makes me feel sick, how could anyone do this to a child, especially a family member :cry:
I could have sworn sharia law was "an eye for an eye". Maybe that's Hammurabi's code. Wrong ancient Mesopotamian legal code. Oh wait, sharia exists in 2015...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

KPTIC wrote:Oh wait, sharia exists in 2015...
Tell me about it. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Ed Hammer wrote:
hanno wrote:Her own aunt!!!

And why is the Cham woman allowed to put on a veil. She is no more Muslim than I am.
What a ignorant comment, from the sycophantic man.
Do tell as I do not understand your comment.

And I am sure you do not know me......
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

KPTIC wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote:
KPTIC wrote:Let Sharia law work this one out.
If Sharia Law were applied in this case, the victim would most likely be the one most severely punished unfortunately. I do like Kung-Fu Hillbilly's suggestion though.

Poor girl, this literally makes me feel sick, how could anyone do this to a child, especially a family member :cry:
I could have sworn sharia law was "an eye for an eye". Maybe that's Hammurabi's code. Wrong ancient Mesopotamian legal code. Oh wait, sharia exists in 2015...
a girl needs 4 male witnesses if she is to file an accusation of rape, and if she can not prove it, then she will be punished for admitting to having sex...
Qur'an (24:13) - "Why did they not bring four witnesses of it? But as they have not brought witnesses they are liars before Allah."
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ok, there have been protests against the arrests. Seems that this little 13yo girl is getting the "blame the victim" treatment and now the politicians are getting involved - that will be useful. :facepalm:
About 200 people gathered in Phnom Penh’s Russey Keo district on Sunday demanding the release of two women who were arrested last week for allegedly chaining up their 13-year-old niece and selling her for sex.

Protesters called for Chea Tina and Chea Sros, both currently being held at Phnom Penh’s Prey Sar prison, to be allowed to continue caring for their children, with some blaming the teenage girl for the brutal treatment she was allegedly subjected to.

“She left home for three or four days without coming back sometimes. She was not a good girl, so her aunties punished her,” the women’s sister, Chea Sopheap, told local newspaper Koh Santepheap...

...Sunday’s protest occurred despite the two women reportedly confessing to the crimes.

...Rozamy, a member of the ruling Cambodian People’s Party, went on to suggest that the protest was orchestrated to curry favour in the community by the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party, who she said had contacted her demanding evidence about the case.

However, Chraing Chamreh 1 commune chief Sen Min, a CNRP member, denied the claim, saying he had only contacted Rozamy to ascertain where one of the defendants was, as her husband had approached him seeking her whereabouts. ..
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/t ... -protested
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

But they admitted that they forced her to have sex with the man. They have to stay in the prison for some years.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

prahkeitouj wrote:But they admitted that they forced her to have sex with the man. They have to stay in the prison for some years.
Totally agree with you. I don't understand why some people are supporting the adults against the child - unless there is something that we have totally missed - but I can't see ANY reason why it would be ok to treat a kid like this. "She was a naughty girl ??" FFS.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic