Party at Honeypot Bar, Monday 2nd

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Party at Honeypot Bar, Monday 2nd

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote:The party was last night. A lot of girls, but too many dudes. Also, the hottest girls are off limits as the girlfriends or wives of the bar's 17 partial owners.
I liked the place. Definitely a lot of girls.

Ha! True story! I will say, maybe the various owners can keep their girlfriends away from the bar, or at least put a "TAKEN" sign on them or something.

Nivag and I were ushered to be sat down towards the back on some comfy sofas, and we were sat right next to two cuties.

Being the gentleman I am, I extended my hand to the prettiest one for a handshake and said, "hello."

She just looked at me and said, "NO THANK YOU."

I naturally assumed she worked there at the bar, as we were sat right there next to her and her friend, so of course that came off as being super rude to me for kindly saying hello.

I didn't give a fuck, so continued to talk to her friend (who later said she happened to work at a bar on another street).

I spoke a little Khmer, which I guess the first girl thought was kind of funny, and she ended up joining the convo anyways.

I had to figure out what the deal with her rudeness was, and that's when she said she had a boyfriend who just happened to be the owner, LoL.

Props to the owner who's dating her, as she's a hottie, but just seems odd to have her sat around the bar for guys to approach only to be told, "NO THANK YOU." Image

Food looked damn good! I would have tore it up but we had just left Oskar Bistro and I was stuffed with pizza.

Definitely not expensive at all, just standard prices.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Party at Honeypot Bar, Monday 2nd

Post by jah steu »

Cam Nivag wrote:The party was last night. A lot of girls, but too many dudes. Also, the hottest girls are off limits as the girlfriends or wives of the bar's 17 partial owners.
Yes I f***ked up the date in the frenzy of preparing for the party. Put it down to old age and poor numeracy on my part :-)
Sorry you came across the girlfriend of one of the owners. There were 28 girls there on the night and two were owners' girlfriends so you were definitely unlucky. And one of the girlfriends in particular has shall we say a "difficult" personality with somewhat unhoned social skills.
Parties are usually very busy and I agree that the girl/dude ratio often suffers. I try to encourage my friends to come early or late, to avoid the massed scrum when the party is at its height.
Honeypot Bar has two working owners and five silent partners. Probably too many but we found it hard to say no to friends pushing cash in our direction.
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic