Staff costs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Staff costs

Post by StroppyChops »

Forgetting the excessive amounts that NGOers with are stipends pay, what's the range of going rates for housekeeping staff - part time, full time, live-in?

Is $120-150pcm FT live-out still about right?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Re: Staff costs

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

$ 60 for a live-in is enough. Why to pay more......she's in the hammocks 24/7 anyway.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I am paying USD 150 and was advised by Khmer friends that that is good pay (in Siem Reap).
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

hanno wrote:I am paying USD 150 and was advised by Khmer friends that that is good pay (in Siem Reap).
Thanks - 6 day week?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:$ 60 for a live-in is enough. Why to pay more......she's in the hammocks 24/7 anyway.
:( We pay more for gasoline than American and we also need to eat three times per day.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

If you guys were able to dig out your colonial roots things would definitely work out better for you. :D
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^I never ate three times a day in America ;)

$120 a month, live out, free transportation (we paid for motodop) free lunch and dinner for our old maid. She was very happy to get that until she disappeared for 3 weeks without a call and then got angry when we had replaced her with someone else.
-insert signature here
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Samouth wrote:....we also need to eat three times per day.
Not if you live with me.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I really don't understand that people still have a feeling that paying someone 60 dollar to work for them for a whole month is okay. I think there must be something need to be done with that stereotype. Just pay them as whatever amount as they are local.

Note we also have to pay for the rend, feeding up the family. We sometime pay the same price for stuff we bought from the market. I can not survive on daily basis for 10 dollar. It is nothing. You can just spend it in 10 minute.

AK, you ate potato then.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
Samouth wrote:....we also need to eat three times per day.
Not if you live with me.
No way, i would work for you. You sound pretty mean.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic