HIRING: Cambodian-based Cold Caller

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: HIRING: Cambodian-based Cold Caller

Post by Ghostwriter »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 pm Wait until robo calling technology makes it to Cambodia.

Thousands of call made per hour, no breaks, vacations, days off - even if 1% generate a sales lead, pays for itself.
If i had such a tool, i'd be focusing on similar bigger close countries with easier languages to deal with.

A campaign like that in Cambodia wouldn't last very long, and i wonder what micro percentage would have successfully passed all kinds of reasons for missed calls and wrong recipients.

It would have to be quite a chatty robot too with a broad vocabulary...
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Given the amount of spam messages that come through some platforms. Telegram, for instance, it would not be unthinkable that all these types of ‘employments’ are just to sign up some unwitting new ‘employee’ with a cellphone number in their own name, to use as a vehicle for spreading spam.

Thus putting luisgmipost firmly in the spammer business, as far as I’m concerned. It’s a week, he’s posted once, and not been back since.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 pm Wait until robo calling technology makes it to Cambodia.

Thousands of call made per hour, no breaks, vacations, days off - even if 1% generate a sales lead, pays for itself.
In Khmer?

Add to that... Who still answers the phone in Cambodia if it's an unknown number? I for sure don't.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic