Barang punches female staff in the face @ Big Easy

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Barang punches female staff in the face @ Big Easy

Post by xavoy »

SiemReapLOL wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 am
xavoy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:27 am Lefties have made intervening to stop crimes and beatings a terrible idea:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/28/us/d ... index.html
Wait, you can’t just murder people on the subway in New York anymore? What is the world coming to? Damn lefties!!
* Wait, you can’t just stop people from murdering other people on the subway in New York anymore? What is the world coming to? Damn lefties!!

FTFY
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xandreu wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:55 am That was a difficult watch. I can only assume there weren't that many Khmers around, or they would have intervened a lot sooner. I find that when there's a badly behaved foreigner picking on one of their own (male or female) they'll usually deal with the foreigner pretty swiftly, especially when it's clear that the situation is leading to violence.

In a way it's good that there's usually someone there to film the situation so it can be used as evidence, but I'm often left wondering who would just sit and film it without intervening.
To be fair; it's not illegal to have a screaming match, and he was restrained within a second of escalating to violence
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

I’m sorry…do we no longer pummel people for this? Hitting a woman like that (a full on honest to god punch) in public would get you beaten a pulp back home.

Hopefully this video follows him for a while.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Darkcel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 am He's apparently escaped as per TOF, which isn't surprising at all seeing as how every man and their father was simply standing around watching him do this? Fucking wild how that happened tbh, you just know there were 10 backpackers all splayed out on the couches the whole time.
He was apparently arrested immediately afterwards - as per TOF user who also posts here @PSD-Kiwi
SiemReapLOL
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SiemReapLOL »

xavoy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 am
SiemReapLOL wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 am
xavoy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:27 am Lefties have made intervening to stop crimes and beatings a terrible idea:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/28/us/d ... index.html
Wait, you can’t just murder people on the subway in New York anymore? What is the world coming to? Damn lefties!!
* Wait, you can’t just stop people from murdering other people on the subway in New York anymore? What is the world coming to? Damn lefties!!

FTFY
Wait, so you are saying someone should have stopped this Penny cunt from murdering the other guy but nobody stopped Penny because of the damn lefties?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Can anyone make out anything that's being said?
Someone on TOF suggested he was angry because he couldn't have ice? :unknown:

I can't hear shit of what they're saying though.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

What an asshole. I hope that's gonna cost him.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:01 am

He was apparently arrested immediately afterwards - as per TOF user who also posts here @PSD-Kiwi
That's only what I heard from a couple of people, no idea whether true or not, it's a damn shame the coward didn't receive the standard mob justice from the local tuk-tuk drivers and motodops.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:57 am
xandreu wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:55 am That was a difficult watch. I can only assume there weren't that many Khmers around, or they would have intervened a lot sooner. I find that when there's a badly behaved foreigner picking on one of their own (male or female) they'll usually deal with the foreigner pretty swiftly, especially when it's clear that the situation is leading to violence.

In a way it's good that there's usually someone there to film the situation so it can be used as evidence, but I'm often left wondering who would just sit and film it without intervening.
To be fair; it's not illegal to have a screaming match, and he was restrained within a second of escalating to violence
The moment he set food behind the bar they should have stepped in.

What's shocking is people are busy recording this instead of helping the poor girl
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 pm

What's shocking is people are busy recording this instead of helping the poor girl
It shouldn't be shocking; it's the world we live in

I do agree he should have been stopped; on first viewing I had assumed that they both worked there as they were both behind the bar
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic