Terror strikes at a concert in Moscow

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Terror strikes at a concert in Moscow

Post by Ghostwriter »

93 deads and 115 injured or more so far in last night's terrorist attack at a concert of the Russian rock band Piknik in moscow, all public gathering and events shut down, so far ISIS would be to blame.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... eoGr0,st:0

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-ne ... 92612.html

Paris, Manchester, Israel, Moscow, etc....it's striking how young people at music gathering always pay the high price these days, between others.
RIP to all victims.

Last edited by Ghostwriter on Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Terror strikes at a concert in Moscow

Post by John Bingham »

Manchester too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

An interesting study about music venues & terrorism, here's the introduction :

A total of 312 terrorist attacks targeting performing arts venues were identified from January 1, 1970 through December 31, 2019. Two-hundred nine (67.0%) attacks involved cinemas or movie theaters, 80 (25.6%) involved unspecified theaters, and 23 (7.4%) specifically targeted live music performance venues. Two-hundred thirty-four (75.0%) attacks involved a bombing or explosion, 50 (16.0%) damaged a facility or infrastructure, and 17 (5.4%) included armed assault. Perpetrators used explosives in 234 (75.0%) attacks, incendiary weapons in 50 (16.0%) attacks, and firearms in 19 (6.1%) attacks. In total, attacks claimed the lives of 1,307 and wounded 4,201 persons. Though fewer in number, attacks against music venues were responsible for 29.4% of fatalities and 35.0% of those wounded, and more frequently involved the use of firearms. Among 95 attacks falling within the highest quartile for victims killed or wounded (>two killed and/or >ten wounded), 83 (87.4%) involved explosives, seven (7.4%) involved firearms, and three (3.2%) involved incendiary methods.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9474675/
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Can't imagine the CIA was involved in any way ... open a new front with brown people from ISIS southern locations ... drain Russia ... that would be what. I would do if I was trying to run a proxy war via Ukraine and it was not going well. #sighhhh #WWIIBroughttoyoubySleepyJoe

Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

Exploiting the vulnerability of art as an entryway.
May the deceased rest in peace and condolences to their families.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Looks like they found them.

Last edited by angsta on Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Weird...i was watching the same kind of events unfolding while at the cinema yesterday evening, watching Dune 2....Started at the exact same time it seems (8.15 evening), another story of jihad successfully plotting a strike, stylized and magnified through the entertainment industry.
The opening scene from Tenet comes to mind too...
Great movies, sad reality check when the curtains closes ^^
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:09 pm Can't imagine the CIA was involved in any way ... open a new front with brown people from ISIS southern locations ... drain Russia ... that would be what. I would do if I was trying to run a proxy war via Ukraine and it was not going well. #sighhhh #WWIIBroughttoyoubySleepyJoe

What makes you hate the US so much? I still believe it's a great country with a lot of potential, if they could just get rid of or marginalize the Qtards.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:33 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:09 pm Can't imagine the CIA was involved in any way ... open a new front with brown people from ISIS southern locations ... drain Russia ... that would be what. I would do if I was trying to run a proxy war via Ukraine and it was not going well. #sighhhh #WWIIBroughttoyoubySleepyJoe

What makes you hate the US so much? I still believe it's a great country with a lot of potential, if they could just get rid of or marginalize the Qtards.
America is awesome ... Ronald Reagan fucked it up in the mid 1980s when he deregulated media ownership limits ... and the SCOTUS legalized political bribery ... #RIPUSA #CORPTACRACY
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:09 pm WWIIBroughttoyoubySleepyJoe
Damn Biden, silly me i was blaming some Adolf guy ^^
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic