Horrific Accident (NSFW VIDEO)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Horrific Accident (NSFW VIDEO)

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Warning!! Graphic!!

Appears the group of victims scattered over and beyond the roadside may have been travelling in the back of the truck.

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Horrific Accident

Post by General Mackevili »

Having a bad accident in Cambodia is quickly becoming my biggest fear.

After seeing a lot of first aid attempts here, I am now convinced it's best if the locals just keep busy filming and don't touch shit.

The first thing I noticed about this video is how many people just drove on past instead of stopping to rubber-neck. That vid must have been only a few seconds after the wreck, as a crowd of 50+ will be there in no time.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Horrific Accident

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

thats grim! but i feel you on that GM, luckily driving around in SHV isnt too dangerous, but every time i watch these videos it imprints deeper and deeper in my brain to be more aware, i prefer cruising around now rather than driving fast, just not worth it
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Horrific Accident (NSFW VIDEO)

Post by AE86 »

Honestly, it's easy to feel uneasy in Cambodia because the gore and accident damage is in front of you, but in the "West" it is just as bad if not worse when it comes to fatalities and injuries. We just don't see it on the news as everything is censored. I know that cars are safer and safety belts are compulsory and motos are less common, but the injuries and such sustained are no different than here.
-insert signature here
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I was just at the corner of 136 and 13 (wherever that Smile Mart is) and saw a motorbike crash into a Tuk-Tuk.

Tuk-Tuk guy seemed ok, but the moto dude came flying off. His foot was all fucked up looking. Blood all over the curb.

I don't recall seeing people in the States on motos with flip-flops on. He would have been ok.

And it's not so much the actual accidents here that scare me, it's the aftermath of having people coming up to shake me awake, smear tiger balm over my gaping wounds, then being stretched in every yoga position imaginable to make sure my spine is ok.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

AE86 wrote:Honestly, it's easy to feel uneasy in Cambodia because the gore and accident damage is in front of you, but in the "West" it is just as bad if not worse when it comes to fatalities and injuries. We just don't see it on the news as everything is censored. I know that cars are safer and safety belts are compulsory and motos are less common, but the injuries and such sustained are no different than here.
As an ambulance officer I attended many MVAs in Australia - none were like this. Even our training sim-exes didn't come close.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Cambodian first aid is for sure a cause for concern. I'm alive today because of U.S. EMTs and am pretty sure I wouldn't have made it over here with the "emergency response teams" in place.

I was just trying to say that the carnage isn't in front of us in the U.S. (body bags and coverings are usually the norm, as is a fast response from the EMTs), but the devastation and injuries and just as horrific if not worse than you see on the pictures/videos.

@Stroppy, I'm unsure of Oz, but I've seen some pretty horrific accidents in the U.S. that rivaled what I've seen here, especially when either the passenger or driver were ejected from the vehicle. Bike accidents are also far worse as well because of the speeds involved too, although less common obviously than Cambodia. Either or, it's most of the reason that I can click on any of the accident links and not flinch or feel the least bit sick. Having several members of the family work in emergency medicine doesn't help either.
-insert signature here
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

AE86 wrote:@Stroppy, I'm unsure of Oz, but I've seen some pretty horrific accidents in the U.S. that rivaled what I've seen here, especially when either the passenger or driver were ejected from the vehicle.
Sure, but not on the same scale you see in Cambodia. Maybe 2 or 3 ejected from a car in the west, as opposed to 20 from the top of a truck, or 10 under a truck.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Ah, I thought we meant the extent of the damage to the body, not the amount of people involved. In that case you're right for sure.
-insert signature here
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote:
AE86 wrote:@Stroppy, I'm unsure of Oz, but I've seen some pretty horrific accidents in the U.S. that rivaled what I've seen here, especially when either the passenger or driver were ejected from the vehicle.
Sure, but not on the same scale you see in Cambodia. Maybe 2 or 3 ejected from a car in the west, as opposed to 20 from the top of a truck, or 10 under a truck.
Remember the days when you could ride in your dad's 6 x 4 trailor to go home from the rubbish tip.
Or, when you could sit in the back of the ute (pickup) to go anywhere. Not just sit, stand even.

Those days are gone. I wonder why?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic