Horrific Accident (NSFW VIDEO)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Horrific Accident (NSFW VIDEO)

Post by AE86 »

^^I don't remember, haha, but I do remember buying a 51' Ford pickup and marveled that it didn't have any seatbelts.
-insert signature here
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^ That still irks me, especially when kids are allowed to ride this way. I just want to slap the lights out of the driver.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I remember ute skiing on wet grass...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

General Mackevili wrote:^ That still irks me, especially when kids are allowed to ride this way. I just want to slap the lights out of the driver.
But what if the driver is also the kid?

I know we bang on about health and safety, but really, I don't think we foreigners are any better naturally. I know I wasn't, not until my first crash which cost me some mobility and a lot of rehab time...oh, and money, because it was in the U.S. and health care is expensive! Honestly though, it was only then when I started paying attention to road safety and "common sense".
-insert signature here
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

AE86 wrote:
But what if the driver is also the kid?

I know we bang on about health and safety, but really, I don't think we foreigners are any better naturally. I know I wasn't, not until my first crash which cost me some mobility and a lot of rehab time...oh, and money, because it was in the U.S. and health care is expensive! Honestly though, it was only then when I started paying attention to road safety and "common sense".
They should all get slapped then, LoL.

Wow, I beg to differ strongly on that. Not that we're "naturally" more health and safety conscious, but directly because of our education and upbringing by former generations with education.

If someone gets hurt in the US, almost certainly someone will know some first aid, if not several. Choke in a restaurant? Someone will likely know the hymlic maneuver.

Most westerners know that if someone is banged up, don't move them, if they are bleeding heavily, stop the bleeding, etc.

My yoga reference was not a joke here.

We are taught early on safety, etc.

Nobody does construction work in flip-flops in the US.

If anything, I would say we're one of the most safety concerned nations on the planet, perhaps overly so.

Even with all the "caution: wet floor" signs around and everything, if you somehow manage to hurt yourself, a court will rule that the business still wasn't being safety conscious enough and side with the careless victim.

The US is just one giant safety net.

And I imagine you were a lot more safety conscious than you think before your wreck in the States. If you COMPLETELY disregard all road regulations in the US, it won't be long before your license is taken, car impounded, and quite quickly in jail if you continue to break all rules.

However, you can drive in Cambodia with no licence, drunk, no helmet, no lights at night, 4 people on your bike, wrong way on a one way, speeding, etc for YEARS AND YEARS and the only deterrents you face the whole entire time is a dollar fine here and there.

Semi-related...

Saudi friends always laugh when I put on a seatbelt, LoL. They never wear them and always say, "don't worry..." :facepalm:

Some have literally told me, "It's ok if you're driving carefully. And also, if you get stopped by the police and you're wearing a seatbelt the police might say, 'Why are you wearing a seatbelt? Have you been driving dangerously?" :facepalm: :facepalm:

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Some have literally told me, "It's ok if you're driving carefully. And also, if you get stopped by the police and you're wearing a seatbelt the police might say, 'Why are you wearing a seatbelt? Have you been driving dangerously?" :facepalm: :facepalm:
You have to admit that's suspect behaviour. " Are you intending to drive dangerously ?" LOL.

Along the same lines as "Why wear a helmet when you're not planning on having an accident? "
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Anchor Moy wrote:
You have to admit that's suspect behaviour. " Are you intending to drive dangerously ?" LOL.

Along the same lines as "Why wear a helmet when you're not planning on having an accident? "
Unbelievable, really. :facepalm:

This might be the accident in the video, but I'm really not sure:

Flatbed Wagon Accident Kills Three, Injures 14

PURSAT – Three people were killed and another 14 people were injured after a tractor with a wagon hitched to the back ran into two cars and turned over Saturday morning on National Road 5 in Bakan district, in western Cambodia.

According to police, 17 people were riding on a flat bed wagon attached to a tractor when the steering wheel broke off. The driver lost control of the vehicle and slammed into a car in front of it. The driver hit the brakes and a giant truck crashed into the tractor from behind. Two people died at the scene, and another person died at the hospital.......

...continued...

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/13718/ ... d-tragedy/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I wondered whether it was all the one accident...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

haha you will get far more brains splattered on the roads in cambodia than you will in the UK as they have very strict helmet laws, people have motorbike accidents in the uk but 9/10 they were geared up in full motorbike gear or at least a padded/plated jacket and gloves, so even it if is a nasty fatal accident there is no where near the damage i have the enjoyment of seeing on here everyday.
haha yeah i work on building sites and they have gone health and saftey crazy!! they actually fine you $5-700 if you break any of the saftey rules!
ive had a few moto accidents luckily nothing too serious though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I think it was just one accident but involved with many vehicle . I guess all those who died and injured were on just one tractor which was redesigned and added some more spaces for people to sit on. It can carry people like a minivan.

This one was a famous transportation mean in the nearby community where i grew up back in 9 years ago. I guessed i rode it one when i was young maybe 12 years old. Now there is no kinda transportation mean as more and more people have motorbike. It was cheap though at that time. I think you guys still can see it running from Chharb Ampov to Ken Svay.

បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic