Man Gets Major Shock in Phnom Penh's Busy Nightlife Area (Loco Bar on Street 130) in Electrical Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Gets Major Shock in Phnom Penh's Busy Nightlife Area (Loco Bar on Street 130) in Electrical Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): A man suffered severe head injuries after falling from a 3-meter-high ladder while attempting to reconnect electrical wires at Loco Bar on Street 130, one of Phnom Penh's busy nightlife areas with many hostess bars, on the evening of March 14, 2024. The incident occurred at the Loco Bar, located on the corner of Street 130 and Street 5 in Phsar Kandal I, Daun Penh district, near other popular girlie bars like Angry Birds, Honey Pot, Pour Hub, Pony Tails, Splash, Queen Girl and One 3 Six Bar.

According to the shop owner, the store had experienced a power outage, prompting the victim, who is related to one of the shop's employees, to climb the ladder and attempt to restore electricity. As the man was reconnecting the wires, he inadvertently came into contact with a live wire, causing him to suffer an electric shock and fall backwards from the ladder.

Witnesses reported that the man sustained a broken back and serious injuries from the fall, but fortunately, his life was not in danger. Emergency services were immediately called to the scene, and the victim was rushed to Calmette Hospital for treatment.

The shop owner confirmed that the man had offered to help restore power to the store due to his familial connection with one of the employees. However, the lack of proper technique and safety measures led to the unfortunate accident.

This incident serves as a reminder of the importance of electrical safety and the need for trained professionals to handle such tasks to prevent potentially life-threatening accidents.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Man Gets Major Shock in Phnom Penh's Busy Nightlife Area (Loco Bar on Street 130) in Electrical Accident

Post by Yobbo »

Hmmm How long did it take to get the power restored?
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man Gets Major Shock in Phnom Penh's Busy Nightlife Area (Loco Bar on Street 130) in Electrical Accident

Post by RVN67 »

Evidently, he figured his previous job as a conductor made him qualified!

Personally I had the very same 'shocking' experience in Thailand. I found out that just shutting off the wall switch won't suffice, the main breaker will! Aluminum step ladder, tile floor, metal fluorescent light fixture, & a bare wire is all the ingredients it takes when combined. Everything went in opposite directions including yours truly!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:10 pm

Witnesses reported that the man sustained a broken back and serious injuries from the fall, but fortunately, his life was not in danger.
Sheez, what's it gonna take to put his life in danger?
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Well shock therapy was tried and didn't work and actually had the opposite effect so I don't have any suggestions as to what would at this point.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:46 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:10 pm

Witnesses reported that the man sustained a broken back and serious injuries from the fall, but fortunately, his life was not in danger.
Sheez, what's it gonna take to put his life in danger?
Going to Calmette hospital!

Anyway, given they can't even get the location right, I don't have any faith the rest isn't just made up.

located on the corner of Street 130 and Street 15

It's 130 and 5.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Doesn't youngwill own that bar, or used to?
Freebirdzz
Expatriate

Post by Freebirdzz »

Brody wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:58 am Doesn't youngwill own that bar, or used to?
He was a part owner a decade or so ago.

I'd like to think that youngwill100 has the sense not to let a random bargirl's brother do amateur electrical work at his bars.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I'd like to think that youngwill100 has the sense not to let a random bargirl's brother do amateur electrical work at his bars.

I think this may have been the former Barang owner of Ponytails that had the fall.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Freebirdzz wrote:I'd like to think that youngwill100 has the sense not to let a random bargirl's brother do amateur electrical work at his bars.
Yes, actually he’s done a fair amount of minor electrical work for our bars over the last three years, and without any incidents. He’s been reliable and generally doing good quality work. I was shocked to hear about his accident.
He’s now back home resting, with a very sore head but fortunately no fractures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic