Visit a prisoner sihanoukville

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
richardtmw
Expatriate
Australia

Visit a prisoner sihanoukville

Post by richardtmw »

Hi All,

I am an Australian with a friend in Sihanoukville prison. I want to send her some food etc but I do not know anyone that can visit her in prison.

Is there anyone reliable someone might know (eg. NGO worker) that I could pay to visit her and bring her some food and drinks etc?

I have asked the various prisoner support groups in PP but have no luck so far.

thanks,

Richard.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Visit a prisoner sihanoukville

Post by Jerry Atrick »

richardtmw wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:54 am Hi All,

I am an Australian with a friend in Sihanoukville prison. I want to send her some food etc but I do not know anyone that can visit her in prison.

Is there anyone reliable someone might know (eg. NGO worker) that I could pay to visit her and bring her some food and drinks etc?

I have asked the various prisoner support groups in PP but have no luck so far.

thanks,

Richard.
Go on Fiverr; hire somebody to do this job for you with an agreed payment schedule based upon proof of contact etc
richardtmw
Expatriate
Australia

Post by richardtmw »

Thanks but have to find someone first….
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

richardtmw wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:28 am Thanks but have to find someone first….
That's the whole idea about Fiverr, to find someone willing to take the job, isn't it.
richardtmw
Expatriate
Australia

Post by richardtmw »

Do you know anyone suitable please?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I started to look for the thread where I wrote about my experience to get supplies to a female prisoner in siem reap .
I just recently paid $500 to bail another sweetie pie out and get kicked out ( blacklisted ) out of sihanoukville
but got hung up during that search reading depressing old posts on here from 10 years ago . So I won’t go into details .
All I can say is you can do it , but it won’t be “ economical “ , everybody will take a cut ..
i can’t remember all the details but whatever the prisoner wants they will end up having to share
plus the people who let you in , of course she asked for towels shampoo and perfume .
We ( i could not go inside to deliver ) but pizza 🍕 and durian and various other staples to keep
“ on hand “ all went fairly quick from a few “ visits “ ,
that was last year , lost contact for quite some time and just now got the word she got 2 years
and 2 months left to go . It’s very sad , but I guess she has at least temporary stoped smoking ice ..
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

What is your friend doing time for?
How did you meet her?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
richardtmw
Expatriate
Australia

Post by richardtmw »

She got 10 years for selling ice. She was my partners friend.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:29 am I started to look for the thread where I wrote about my experience to get supplies to a female prisoner in siem reap .
I just recently paid $500 to bail another sweetie pie out and get kicked out ( blacklisted ) out of sihanoukville
but got hung up during that search reading depressing old posts on here from 10 years ago . So I won’t go into details .
All I can say is you can do it , but it won’t be “ economical “ , everybody will take a cut ..
i can’t remember all the details but whatever the prisoner wants they will end up having to share
plus the people who let you in , of course she asked for towels shampoo and perfume .
We ( i could not go inside to deliver ) but pizza 🍕 and durian and various other staples to keep
“ on hand “ all went fairly quick from a few “ visits “ ,
that was last year , lost contact for quite some time and just now got the word she got 2 years
and 2 months left to go . It’s very sad , but I guess she has at least temporary stoped smoking ice ..
This one?
ask-the-expats-questions-answers/info-a ... 55883.html

Small side question- how is it you expend time and effort bailing out sweetie pies, but balk at expending the time, effort, and funds on resolving your lad’s documents? Time to revisit your priorities?
richardtmw
Expatriate
Australia

Post by richardtmw »

i think she will much appreciate red bull drinks, some khmer food, pizza, towels, perfume, vitamins, menstrual pads, and a bunch of riel and $1/$5 notes to buy water etc poor thing i feel terrible for her she was so petite its incredible she has made it through 5 years so far I just found out about her arrest etc. I asked some lawyers in PP if I could buy her out of prison but they said with the crackdown on drugs its impossible now...i dont know what else I can do for her other than try to get someone to take her some much needed stuff occasionally having no one on the outside would be devastating. Her husband was Chinese with 2 kids I dont know how he let her get into this situation...he probably left snooky years ago with the great chinese exit...

this is the girl = post346635.html?hilit=theary%20seng#p346635
Last edited by richardtmw on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic