Fans with Water Vaporisers

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Fans with Water Vaporisers

Post by Doc67 »

AKA Misting fans.

Does anyone know where these can be purchased within the PP area and has anyone had experience using them?

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Fans with Water Vaporisers

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Most of the electronic stores which sell normal fans have them, particularly the ones around Central Market. I have one which we strictly use outdoors. Does it cool you down any more than a regular fan? Not really, because the air is already humid...they are better suited for hot, dry climates.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:01 am Most of the electronic stores which sell normal fans have them, particularly the ones around Central Market. I have one which we strictly use outdoors. Does it cool you down any more than a regular fan? Not really.
It's just for outdoor seating at a restaurant and a bar where there are currently none that do any good.

Any idea of costs?

Thanks
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Honestly can't remember cost...will depend on brand, size, quality.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:01 am Most of the electronic stores which sell normal fans have them, particularly the ones around Central Market. I have one which we strictly use outdoors. Does it cool you down any more than a regular fan? Not really, because the air is already humid...they are better suited for hot, dry climates.
I first saw them in a fancy hotel in Dubai about 20 years ago, they were around the pool area /outdoor bar area and they were great, partly because nobody cared about getting cold mist on their bodies. I am not sure how this would go down when people are dining. Beer swillers would probably be ok. Maybe we'll get one and give it a go.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

My thought on these is would I drink the water that is in the tank or supply? If not, then I don't want it sprayed all over my food and I don't want to breathe in the fine spray either
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bluenose wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:03 pm My thought on these is would I drink the water that is in the tank or supply? If not, then I don't want it sprayed all over my food and I don't want to breathe in the fine spray either
Yes, this is definitely a consideration.

Outdoor bar seating might be ok, they are already breathing the air; the exhaust fumes, the garbage truck stench when it passes, the dust, plus consuming 10 glasses of swill and 20 fags- a bit of vapour won't do them any more harm than they are already signed up for.

But sprayed over food might cause concern, whether justified or not.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Where is your bar /name of bar @Doc67 ? Didn't realise you were a bar owner, will come check it out next time I'm in town.
Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

From personal experience here in Cambodia, I don't think these fans work so well. The humidity is already pretty high and then you add more moisture with the mist. You end feeling more hot.

Maybe if the mist fully evaporated before coming in contact with anyone it would work better.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Wouldn’t that dilute your sweat and make you less hot or less smelly ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic