Another idiotic comment by Trump

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Another idiotic comment by Trump

Post by ItWasntMe »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:30 pm This Anastasia Loupis is yet one more of these conspiracy types gaining increasing traction in a world increasingly populated by people who want to believe. Unlike the Fox Mulder character, who starts from a position of scepticism, seeking credible evidence, too many adherents of these conspiracies take things on face value as expressed by an authority figure. It needs only some authority to give credibility to an opinion, right? What’s more authoritative than a doctor’s coat, diploma, and doctor props? So the hard work of thinking about something is already done. All that is needed is for those who are otherwise too busy, to agree.
What once was a minority of weirdos lurking in dark corners of public transport depots are now becoming the norm.
Decades of budget cuts to education and "lowering the bar" so that everybody gets to feel special.

Politicians are boring, entertainers seem more down to earth and speak in a way that the common educated man can understand.

#AllOpinionsMatter
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:59 pm
RedBull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:40 am Europe rather spends all its money on refugees instead of protecting itself from foreign threats.
The Western and Central European NATO members spent $345 billion in 2022 for their military. Last year and this year will be even higher.

https://www.sipri.org/media/press-relea ... ing-surges

Try and keep up.
And those numbers are supposed to be impressive for a combined total of some of the wealthiest nations in the world?
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:44 pm
RedBull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:40 am Europe rather spends all its money on refugees ... great for being so civilized

Your average refugee costs $50.000 a year. You do the math.

I wish they took our jobs, sadly they don't. Free money is easier, right?
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:46 pm
Note that in 1986/87ish it shows the then East Germany as being in NATO
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

RedBull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:22 pm
RedBull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:40 am Europe rather spends all its money on refugees instead of protecting itself from foreign threats.
The Western and Central European NATO members spent $345 billion in 2022 for their military. Last year and this year will be even higher.

Try and keep up.
And those numbers are supposed to be impressive for a combined total of some of the wealthiest nations in the world?
Why would anyone care about impressing you? I was just pointing out that you were completely wrong.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

RedBull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:26 pm
RedBull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:40 am Europe rather spends all its money on refugees ... great for being so civilized

How much does the average feeder cost society to educate?

Importing adults is much cheaper I'd say but that's besides the point. Refugees cost fuck all compared to war, corruption and politicians in general.

But its a good thing you blame them for everything thats gone wrong in the world, that way you won't make problems for the powers at be.

Carry on soldier.
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Importing adults is much cheaper I'd say but that's besides the point. Refugees cost fuck all compared to war, corruption and politicians in general.

But its a good thing you blame them for everything thats gone wrong in the world, that way you won't make problems for the powers at be.

Carry on soldier.
The refugees are indeed a result of the "powers at be". But that doesn't mean the refugees aren't part of the problems we face.
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:35 pm
RedBull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:22 pm

Try and keep up.
Why would anyone care about impressing you? I was just pointing out that you were completely wrong.
Wrong about what?

And btw, I never mentioned myself, so don't worry, you don't have to impress me. I just stated that those numbers are not impressive for the wealthiest countries in the world.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

RedBull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:48 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Carry on soldier.
The refugees are indeed a result of the "powers at be". But that doesn't mean the refugees aren't part of the problems we face.
Depends what problems you're referring to. You were insinuating that refugees is the reason why European countries have been investing less in their military over the past decades.

I blame them for my beer not being cold enough -- fuck em!
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Maybe we need another Trump presidency. For Europe to realize what Yanks real intention in EU are (geopolitical, selling weapons, gas..) to get out of their ass. Get back to negotiation table with Russia, establish strong economic ties where EU economy will benefit. Once strong Europe can take care of itself , instead spending billions on arms, so EU can invest money in education, environmental issues.
And civil war may happen in USA, at least they will leave a world alone for some years before they will not solve they own shit back home.
F:O: to all war inciters!
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic