Pissontheroof's Thread

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Random Dude
Expatriate

Pissontheroof's Thread

Post by Random Dude »

"I wouldn’t know how to start it and wouldn’t know who would follow .
I made my own topic once about “ donations “ at one time but now I can’t even find it
Everything gets lost , I do not want to give up trying , you gave a suggestion that
I followed thru on and that led to a path I haven’t gone too yet
I can not give those reputation points or send /reply to direct messages ..
unless someone replies to me specifically I do not have it up in my notes 🛎

Here ya go Pissontheroof, your own thread. To find it you can either go to the 'ask the expats' section and scroll down until you see it, or type the name of the thread into the search function and it should pop up.

You can ask your question here, and hopefully any answers will be here too, all in the one place. Good luck.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pissontheroof's Thread

Post by pissontheroof »

Ok , you did it , I wonder how it will go and if the the moderator who likes me could move some of my past unrelated
About the embassy debacle I’m still trying to work out
I have not contacted the 4 NGOs recommended I talk to from your childrens trust suggestion
But today I did chat to my police friend in kampong thom who is doing me all the “ favors “
Who immediately chatted back he would shirley , be my “ breadwinner “
So he must have had that word translated from khmer into his translator when I told him I need someone
to inherit ( My sons name) money
It’s Sunday in america so still a day of rest there , soon I try again
Long time ago I asked the general if I could have my own thread and be the new BSCW
AND HE SAID NO ! In the words of mr. B I’m flattered .

I did not paste my part , but here are 2 reply’s from childrens trust. .

I’m on it but not urgently ..

From them …
No, we have never dealt with this kind of situation before and it is not really in our line of work.

We would suggest you continue to seek support from the US embassy in Phnom Penh. We would also suggest you get in touch with the local authorities, SASWO and DoSVY. You could also contact Licardo for legal support for your son.

Where are you based in Cambodia?

Kind regards,

Samantha

We are located in Battambang. But here is some more information for resources/support in Siem Reap:

Government
SASWO – is Social Affairs Welfare Office (responsible for child protection at the District Level)
DoSVY – Department of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth (responsible for child protection at Provincial Level)

NGO’s
LICARDHO - Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights. NGO that can help with legal support.
KMSR – Kaliyan Mith Siem Reap. Child protection NGO. https://friends-international.org/blog/ ... iyan-mith/
TLC- This Life Cambodia are in Siem Reap - https://thislife.ngo

Thanks,

Samantha

Samantha Besgrove
Communications Manager

etc…

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

"The Pissy Palace"
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wouldn't it be be better titled
"piss off's thread" as someone suggested ?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Is it an attempt to MarieKondoing a hoarder ?
Nice try, good luck !
Spoiler:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Honestly, if Pissontheroof has a sincere desire to have a thread running about, and to resolve significant issues such as those directly affecting him (and his lad), then why not? If it becomes a dumping ground for thread drift with crazy conspiracy ideas, then it’ll just be derailed, negating any effort to provide assistance.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

This sounds like a job for the A-Team

If you have a problem, if no one else can help (and you can’t be arsed doing it yourself), and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team."
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

khmerhamster wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:55 pm This sounds like a job for the A-Team

If you have a problem, if no one else can help (and you can’t be arsed doing it yourself), and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team."
So long as it’s not VA Team?
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:03 pm Ok , you did it , I wonder how it will go and if the the moderator who likes me could move some of my past unrelated
About the embassy debacle I’m still trying to work out
I have not contacted the 4 NGOs recommended I talk to from your childrens trust suggestion
But today I did chat to my police friend in kampong thom who is doing me all the “ favors “
Who immediately chatted back he would shirley , be my “ breadwinner “
So he must have had that word translated from khmer into his translator when I told him I need someone
to inherit ( My sons name) money
It’s Sunday in america so still a day of rest there , soon I try again
Long time ago I asked the general if I could have my own thread and be the new BSCW
AND HE SAID NO ! In the words of mr. B I’m flattered .

I did not paste my part , but here are 2 reply’s from childrens trust. .

I’m on it but not urgently ..

From them …
No, we have never dealt with this kind of situation before and it is not really in our line of work.

We would suggest you continue to seek support from the US embassy in Phnom Penh. We would also suggest you get in touch with the local authorities, SASWO and DoSVY. You could also contact Licardo for legal support for your son.

Where are you based in Cambodia?

Kind regards,

Samantha

We are located in Battambang. But here is some more information for resources/support in Siem Reap:

Government
SASWO – is Social Affairs Welfare Office (responsible for child protection at the District Level)
DoSVY – Department of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth (responsible for child protection at Provincial Level)

NGO’s
LICARDHO - Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights. NGO that can help with legal support.
KMSR – Kaliyan Mith Siem Reap. Child protection NGO. https://friends-international.org/blog/ ... iyan-mith/
TLC- This Life Cambodia are in Siem Reap - https://thislife.ngo

Thanks,

Samantha

Samantha Besgrove
Communications Manager

etc…

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Those recommendations from the Children's Trust sound like they might lead somewhere. If nothing else maybe one of them can recommend a boarding school or something that could look after him until he's old enough to look after himself.

In fact, that might be an option you could look into...

Find a boarding school, or some sort of facility that cares for kids with no parents - not an orphanage as such, but a step up from an orphanage, or better quality orphanage or something.
Arrange with them to take your son in when the time comes and have the tuition paid directly to the school annually from your trust. You'd need a lawyer to arrange that, but that would be the case with any trust and just because you had a bad experience with one lawyer doesn't mean they're all bad. There are plenty of lawyers who specialize in handling trusts, wills etc.

No offense to your cop friend, but leaving the money to someone and hoping they don't take the money and dump your son in a monastery or something seems like a big risk when you can cut out the middleman and pay for his education and accommodation directly to the school.
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

khmerhamster wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:55 pm This sounds like a job for the A-Team

That reminds me of a picture I saw online (tried to find it without sucess) and it was the black A-Team GMC van and the Dukes of Hazzard Dodge Charger on a trailer behind.

I thought "That's my youth right there!"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic