Pissontheroof's Thread

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Re: Pissontheroof's Thread

Post by Roryborealis »

YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

Yeehaaa!

:good:

(Has a huge gap in the front wheel arch. I wonder if the engine has been removed?)
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

e: Die with zero
Post by pissontheroof » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:08 pm
phuketrichard wrote: ↑Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:06 pm
In a nutshell
">............I got the ‘ report a birth abroad ‘

so u have NOT gotten the report of birth abroad, only a half completed application>
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds2029.PDF
IMPORTANT: You must provide the required evidence listed below before we can process the application. Please follow the instructions below.
note section B
what did u expect them to say?

if u do go, explain about the mother< they will listen

Cambodia is a small country, are u saying ur son is not worth a 5-7 hour bus ride ??
you say u got $$$, so take a taxi with him, stay a nice hotel for a night or 2. Deal with it
thats ur call, but dont keep blaming it on the embassy

I'm done giving you advice as it seems you just want wallow in ur misery.
Noted , I didn’t pay much attention before but it makes sense.
* note section B
Why wouldn’t they elaborate that part and reply when I tell them most all of the mothers part is missing
and I’m not going there together with her .
Why can’t I explain the situation from here instead of doing it from there ?
( whooops , forgot 1 thing ) and be virtually/ unofficially approved before I make the trip
so I can get there and done without any need for any hotel room ?
Why can’t I send it online and have them comment
instead of going all the way there by taxi , yes , I tell the taxi take me there go do my duty at the embassy
then walk out into the taxi and go home .
Last time I went there had to go night before to be there in the morning
I had 2 cambrodian “ helpers “ for my side and got sweetie pie honey buns to show up
Stayed in the same room with my sweety , his mom , and it was terrible.
Got physically sick , nothing to do with her , she’s ok but . I just get sick in phnom penh. ,
Why do I have to go in ? To say , bla bla bla , come back .. and go back ?
why can’t I submit by email ? I got the records used to make the passport
I do not have any of the motherly stuff except for the copy of the ID card I made her
And my made up birth certificate with that info to make the passport that made me sick to stay there overnight
I get heebie jeebies there .. siem reap aint my cuppa tea either but I don’t go out no more

( I been kicked out of all the good places. ) if sihanoukville had an american consulate i would go there .
I just only would go if it would be positive , why don’t they help and guide me so I don’t just go for the halibut ?
If she died ( That can be arranged. )that might help . She’s not doing so well these days
. But The last time she was sihanoukville in jail again , I shouldn’t have bailed her out !

I just sent an email whatever ( cambodia 🇰🇭 childrens trust )

plus by now i have talked to the others they recommended .

[We have received your message. we'll be in touch soon.]
, but the everybody( team ) is cambodian
They. Want to make sure you know how to donate properly , I asked them question about orphans.
Don’t know how they could help me ,I need a parent / guardian in place for everything WHEN I DIE , not now .
I need to get something worked out if there is any emergency who is going to take over the whole shebang
No idea what THEY could do but if they can help all the better .. I don’t even know what I need yet
Except for the american recognition ( passport ? Is that all they do ?
Why can’t they do anything except in the flesh ?
Serious question ..
general-chatter/die-with-zero-t57435-20.html
ive talked to childrens trust and by now i have talked to the others they recommended .

i still need to do this application
i need this here with the link above .. https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds2029.PDF
i was going to " save " and try to have a copy of this filled out and ✅ checked by someone
( to see if its enough to " pass " to the embassy ..
i see Expiration: 02/29/2024 what happens then ? maybe it could or couldnt change or what ?
im making notes , and working on everything little by little . step by step
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

I guess what you really need is someone to help you out with making sense of these procedures. I can relate to having your head in a mess and not seeing quite where the dots connect.

Why don't you instead of going crazy over all this try to look for a less insane person that you can trust to handle it for you? I'm sure you have a few bucks to throw their way. Not that competent expats are overflowing these parts but who knows, you might be able to shake down someone that's used to bureaucracy and willing to help you.

It seems like a much better option than you trying to drink your way through this shit while balancing on a 3 wheel honda, though I'm sure you already got this suggestion a couple hundred times over the years. :unknown:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Eat humble pie. Keep eating humble pie. Write down everything that needs to be done. Everything that is missing and must be made up to satisfy requirements.

Spend the money and time and do it. Your prolonged suffering now is for your kid’s future.

It’s much easier to give advice. In the past, I buried my head in the sand and refused to compromise. I ate shit and almost died before realizing eating shit and dying isn’t worth it.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES !

Continuing my saga above getting somewhere , but nowhere very fast .
Today I had a free minute and got “ hung up “ about water bottles .
Just to make sure I wanted to ask google about ( specifically ) using the plastic “ oishi “ tea bottles over again
I got to reading that it’s not safe . It said do not reuse the #1 marked on plastic bottles .
I been washing out these bottles and reusing them for ever ! I’m fussy about water and i boil bottled water before I
drink it or put it into a plastic bottle into the fridge for later . or for a trip .. I been doing this for “ ever “ it seems
Now I’m worried that I ( and my loved one ) have been “ leeched “ by chemicals ..
I wash out the bottles and put in new fresh ( boiled but not hot when I fill the bottles ) water .
I looked at the bottom of my blue 20 liter bottle and it says #1. Google says do not refill .
Those 20 liter blue bottles are returnable and some look like they been refilled about 1/2 billion times !
Sometimes i scold junior for losing his water bottle because it’s so distinguishable ( oishi tea )
But now i am wondering . and i gotta ask you’all :
I know we all gotta die sometime but is this a worry for yous ?
Inquiring minds want to know ….
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Not a worry for me.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Speaking only for myself, there seems to be many of bigger worries than getting poisoned by a water bottle.

Why don't you just spend some of your coins on water though if it worries you?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Microplastics are everywhere and are something scientists are starting to get alarmed about, pretty much everyone on Earth is probably loaded with them at this point. I think it's damn near impossible to avoid them.

I refill water bottles and keep them in the fridge too, I don't see how the fact that they're being reused would make them toxic all of a sudden - or no more toxic than they already were, but I suppose anything is possible and if you google microplastics/ microplastic contamination you'd probably never sleep again.

If it worries you, why not buy some bottles not made of plastic? Those metal hiking ones, or like a thermos flask type thing lined with glass?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Taiwan is nuts over plastics leaking into food. Had exposes on them years ago when I was last there.
Plastic containers for everything, bad. Even the plastic to wrap food, bad. Only metal or glass.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic