How old were you when you first visited Cambodia? Poll.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How old were you when you first visited Cambodia?

Under 18
3%
19-24
16%
25-29
14%
30-34
21%
35-39
10%
40-44
10%
45-49
3%
50-54
9%
55-59
7%
60+
7%

Total votes: 58
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: How old were you when you first visited Cambodia? Poll.

Post by Username Taken »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:02 am I'd like to hear from the guys that voted under `18?
Bubble T comes to mind.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

2005 first visit, just off the back of an acrimonious divorce in the UK & my sister was living in Bangkok. My plan was Bangkok, 2 days in Angkor Wat, Thai beach - by virtue of my sister's incompetence booking flights "it'll be fine bro, no need to book", it ended up being Phnom Penh>boat>Angkor Wat - and that journey sealed it for me as a place I would love to live. Moved in 2007 & been here ever since.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
InkkieTime
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by InkkieTime »

Of the people who visited Cambodia at 24 or younger, I'd be curious to know your reason for visiting Cambodia. Was it for vacation, for a study abroad opportunity, to visit relatives, or something else?
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

I first contemplated coming to Cambodia in 1993. I was in Lamai, Koh Samui and met Dave an Australian who me and my mate used to go drinking with, he said he was off to Cambodia and we asked if he was scared? and his reply was yes! We had arranged to get around via Bangkok and Pattaya and then head to the border.

We both chickened when we got to Bangkok and saw him off on the bus. Not sure if he ever made it though. He is probably in Pattaya to this day!

Part of me regrets that.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

InkkieTime wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:39 pm Of the people who visited Cambodia at 24 or younger, I'd be curious to know your reason for visiting Cambodia. Was it for vacation, for a study abroad opportunity, to visit relatives, or something else?
I was under 24 in November 2002. I was on the way to Australia and after visiting some friends on Kho Tao, I spent 4 months in SE Asia. I arrived into PP on the slow boat from Vietnam just as the sun was setting. The Lonely Planet guide actually recommended The Walkabout as a hotel option. About 30 seconds after getting off the back of my moto on Pasture, I realized it probably wasn't the best option. My English girlfriend who was with me agreed. We spent the first night at the Capitol Guest House before a week at No. 9 Guest House on the Lake. Happy days.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

My English girlfriend who was with me agreed. Jeez, can't imagine why!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

InkkieTime wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:39 pm Of the people who visited Cambodia at 24 or younger, I'd be curious to know your reason for visiting Cambodia. Was it for vacation, for a study abroad opportunity, to visit relatives, or something else?
Holiday, scout the region for somewhere I might want to spend a few years, plus Asian women ofc
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

I shake my head when I hear or see young western men traveling with their girlfriends to SE Asia.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

YaTingPom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:48 am I shake my head when I hear or see young western men traveling with their girlfriends to SE Asia.
I usually do an over under on how long it will be before they split up and he starts banging an Asian hottie
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:53 am
YaTingPom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:48 am I shake my head when I hear or see young western men traveling with their girlfriends to SE Asia.
I usually do an over under on how long it will be before they split up and he starts banging an Asian hottie
I caught one checking out my wife's sister, I was behind him waiting for him to get out the way. Blatantly checking her arse out. Out of know were this hand came wooshing past me and slap, back of his head. Great shot.

She was pretty vocal in her emotions and let him, and everyone else, know she knew he had "been looking at every Asian girl since we got off the plane" :D
He was very read faced and physically trembled when she boomed. When she shouted her fat legs and massive tits would wobble. Highly amusing if a little nauseating. (yes, I don't find young fat western chicks attractive one bit, sue me)

I only hoped he dumped her fat arse and got his end away, shit, I would have hoped he got with my sister to take her off my hands. Athletic, tall good looking lad and all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic