Gay Tourist Robbed by Masked Grindr Date in Cambodia Hotel, Has Suspect's DNA

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Gay Tourist Robbed by Masked Grindr Date in Cambodia Hotel, Has Suspect's DNA

Post by Lost50 »

Is toothbrush a code word for willy?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Gay Tourist Robbed by Masked Grindr Date in Cambodia Hotel, Has Suspect's DNA

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:12 am
Name checks out.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Hey man … many cases solved many moons later due to DNA preservation … keep it or forever hold your peace.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:07 pm His date was a real pain in the ass.
But they were friends in the end ..
never leave your buddies behind ..

Lost50 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:32 pm Is toothbrush a code word for willy?
Is willie a code word for mr. wiggly. ?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

xandreu wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:35 pm Even if he managed to extract the DNA profile of the guy, I'd be surprised if there was any kind of DNA database in Cambodia he could use to try to match it with someone. I've never heard of anyone having their DNA taken after being arrested here?
I have a vague memory of an expat having DNA taken after a suspected murder. They were supposed to hand it over to French authorities for testing as I recall. However the competent authorities messed up the sample in the process and nothing came out of it. Might have had something to do with them not wanting their scapegoat to be proven innocent, or simply a matter of wind.

That was the last time I heard about DNA samples here.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

What's toothpaste a code word for then?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

YaTingPom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:32 am
Lube?
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Minty
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

I've thought about the affair, puked a couple times, thunk again, and the hole thing stinks. Limited info means we're only getting the ass-end of the tryst; small opening to go on, and I didn't want to pry. Opening old wounds can lead to a slippery slope, particularly in the first 24 hours.

"He'd like to know if he could get the DNA info from the toothbrush and take it to police.

Unlikely successfully, unless he has a law enforcement or forensic background, beyond Friday's Fancy Frolics and Raw Enforcement. So, no. He needs to dry any evidence and transport it in paper, to the lab, via the cops, who will need to delve deep into every nook and cavity to dig out clues. Without perp id, they will probably send a team in.

"He wore a mask..."

For the hole time? Or, always?

"He blocked me on grindr and telegram, and I have no contact details. "

How did that make you feel? Top of an old wellie? Did you think about contacting yourself? As a foreigner, he is more limited as to where he can pawn the phone, it's noticable, and there are a few go to shops. I'm assuming he would take of the mask at some point. What sort of mask was it? Why were you targeted? Little too much "I'm fresh in town, with naughty money burning a hole in my panties" info on Grindr? Set him up. Even if he reads this, he'll have another go, cause there's only been one victim who has ever admitted to getting fucked over. Only a handful of rainbow bars around, mostly back-alley, rear-entry joints.

"He brushed his teeth in my bathroom and left the toothbrush"
Layman's?

"...(single-use, provided by hotel),..."
Short-time?

"...fingerprints and a DNA-sample...how would that help to find him?"
What would your guess be? Perhaps a global elimination process, see whose left and if he is still alive at the conclusion.

" I would be willing to spend some time and money to get him into prison. I'm a frequent traveler to Cambodia. I had no experience with Khmer police, where would I report such a case (officer who speaks English and knows this type of crimes)?"

For 20k I can guarantee closure for you with an arrest. Just need to know what sort of mask he wore, and where they're sold..

Thanks for the update. Nice one. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

YaTingPom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:32 am
Well, after it's had its use, you have the option to spit or swallow.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic