Garage Bar For Sale - Reason I Was Banned?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Garage Bar For Sale - Reason I Was Banned?

Post by vladimir »

scobienz is a reggae fan? He would look weird with dreads, bro!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

General Mackevili wrote:Ok, my buddy wasn't able to get it after all. I've been told the owner of Dusk Till Dawn (the reggae bar/sky bar across from pontoon club) was the one who actually bought it. We'll see.
Dusk Till Dawn - The bar’s owner is Kenyan Erik Amdalla, 39. Also the owner of a hair salon, he is an expert in dreadlocks (it takes 10 hours) and says the bar’s playlist will feature everything from reggae to Swahili, Congolese and Mali music. http://www.phnompenhpost.com/7days/7-qu ... -strengert

Garage turning into a reggae bar! :shock: Break this to Jeff gently, don't want him to have a heart attack :lol:
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I was planning to join its boat cruise. I haven't managed to join it yet. So there is no more boat cruise ?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

General Mackevili wrote:We'll see.
We'll see that you're wrong, Mack!

It was NOT bought by the owner of Dusk Till Dawn, LoL.

Ok, this is from a reliable source, I swear...

An English couple, who are new to town bought it, and I don't think anyone really knows them yet.

They will NOT be turning it into a reggae bar, LoL.

For now, they plan to run it as is, and will be present there most of the time by the sound of it.

They might possibly continue the boat trips, but it doesn't sound like it's really been sorted either way.

That's it! :good:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

General Mackevili wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:We'll see.
We'll see that you're wrong, Mack!

It was NOT bought by the owner of Dusk Till Dawn, LoL.

Ok, this is from a reliable source, I swear...

An English couple, who are new to town bought it, and I don't think anyone really knows them yet.

They will NOT be turning it into a reggae bar, LoL.

For now, they plan to run it as is, and will be present there most of the time by the sound of it.

They might possibly continue the boat trips, but it doesn't sound like it's really been sorted either way.

That's it! :good:
My source, perhaps same as yours, told me he WAS going to buy it not that he had. Not sure what happened just happy it will stay music oriented.
Using Tapatalk
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Samouth wrote:I was planning to join its boat cruise. I haven't managed to join it yet. So there is no more boat cruise ?
I'm pretty sure that Paul will still be doing boat cruises, that's his main business. The bar was just a sideline.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I'm glad dreadlock guy didn't buy it. I hate that reggae shit.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

John Bingham wrote:
Samouth wrote:I was planning to join its boat cruise. I haven't managed to join it yet. So there is no more boat cruise ?
I'm pretty sure that Paul will still be doing boat cruises, that's his main business. The bar was just a sideline.
The girl who work there told me about the boat cruise. I was really interested to join, but couldn't manage to have spare time to join. If it is still operating, i will surely join one day.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I know Erik, he's done a great job with Dusk Till Dawn, and I'm pretty sure if he had bought Garage he wouldn't have turned it into a reggae bar. Best of luck to the new owners, 10k is a bargain, especially considering what you see other bars selling (trying to) for.

Speaking of bargains, I noticed the owners of Lazy Gecko have reduced their asking price to 10k (minus lease deposits)!
tarariverboat
Expatriate
Australia

Post by tarariverboat »

yes the boat will stay in pp and we will do our saturday sunset special as always,i be there this saturday to do the cruise and also hand over the keys to the new owners of the bar,it was sad on my part,as i loved the staff and the customers where a great crowd,but i really need to spend more time in siem bloody reap:) having said that i will be there at the bar every month for a few days when i do my monthly visits:)i not actually meant the new owner yet but he is a friend of a friend and sounds cool:)he is keen to keep it as it is, and was when jeff and brunt had it.if you have time come on the cruise on saturday and i buy the first round :beer1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic