Hunting for Old Bay Seasoning in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JackOakBBQ
Tourist
United States of America

Hunting for Old Bay Seasoning in PP

Post by JackOakBBQ »

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get Old Bay seafood seasoning. Been around to a few spots & haven’t been able to locate it yet.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Hunting for Old Bay Seasoning in PP

Post by cabron »

JackOakBBQ wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:00 am Anyone have any recommendations on where to get Old Bay seafood seasoning. Been around to a few spots & haven’t been able to locate it yet.
I never see it here, I got mine in Bangkok at Food Land or Friendship super market.
Boredom is like a shroud
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

JackOakBBQ wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:00 am Anyone have any recommendations on where to get Old Bay seafood seasoning. Been around to a few spots & haven’t been able to locate it yet.

Lazada Thailand $4

Plus prob $1/1.5 to have it brought to PP by Lazada agent
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Sometimes available at Super Duper in TTP, but the stock seems to all get snapped up quickly and isn't restocked for months like many products here.

Forget about stuff you're used to from your home country, learn to adapt, improvise and overcome.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I had clam chowder seasoned with Old Bay, was not overwhelmed with the taste.

Am I missing something?
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:52 pm I had clam chowder seasoned with Old Bay, was not overwhelmed with the taste.

Am I missing something?
If you want overwhelmed perhaps you should try fresh Bay leaf, thyme ans use Aneto Broth, Worcestershire sauce , using Panceta in lieu of bacon will get you a Gourmet clam showder. I assumed that you are in the USA so these ingredients are readily available. I used to buy them at Trader Joe's or Bashas super market.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic