Divorce Lawyer in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Divorce Lawyer in PP

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Can anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer in PP ... ?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Divorce Lawyer in PP

Post by Alex »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:21 am Can anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer in PP ... ?
I thought only (legally) married people need a divorce lawyer.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Pre flight
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alex wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:57 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:21 am Can anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer in PP ... ?
I thought only (legally) married people need a divorce lawyer.
You stole my line...
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Calm down guys ... we are good ... plans to get it all stamped and approved through legal channels ... takes time and patience ... a good divorce lawyer will know how to draw up a reasonable prenup. Also, since I am on second marriage, and she is mom with kids, and dual culture ... the likelihood of divorce is well above 70% ... so being a former Texas Hold 'Em addict ... I know odds ... I am putting my money on divorce ... but now (ima ima) we are super happy, with a few normal bumps and bruises (to be expected).
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I seriously doubt anyone was worried.
Plan B
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Plan B »

Stand corrected. Isn't the law here that in a marriage here all the previous children of the woman become legal responsibility of husband. That is unless the real father petitions court that they want to continue legal responsibility.

If that's the case then in a future divorce the new husband could be legally responsible for the maintenance of children even though they not his!!

Anyone clarify.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Plan B wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 am Stand corrected. Isn't the law here that in a marriage here all the previous children of the woman become legal responsibility of husband. That is unless the real father petitions court that they want to continue legal responsibility.

If that's the case then in a future divorce the new husband could be legally responsible for the maintenance of children even though they not his!!

Anyone clarify.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:05 am
Plan B wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 am Stand corrected. Isn't the law here that in a marriage here all the previous children of the woman become legal responsibility of husband. That is unless the real father petitions court that they want to continue legal responsibility.

Anyone clarify.
You’ve quoted, without commenting yourself. Along with a previous reply, you’re turning this into nonsense.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:21 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:05 am

Anyone clarify.
You’ve quoted, without commenting yourself. Along with a previous reply, you’re turning this into nonsense.
Give him a chance, he needs time for the Ganzberg to take effect, it's still early.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic