Divorce Lawyer in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Re: Divorce Lawyer in PP

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

We lived next door to really great maternity ward, so that is scoped out already.

Tons of great schools in our neighborhood too, but we will most likely home school. Public and even private schools scare me with all this woke crap. In Saigon, I lived next to a large International school campus. Lots of staff with come drink coffee at my lobby coffees hope. Could not help listen to their "educator conversations." Yikes!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:11 pm We lived next door to really great maternity ward, so that is scoped out already.

Tons of great schools in our neighborhood too, but we will most likely home school. Public and even private schools scare me with all this woke crap. In Saigon, I lived next to a large International school campus. Lots of staff with come drink coffee at my lobby coffees hope. Could not help listen to their "educator conversations." Yikes!
Woke? Please define this in the Cambodian school system.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kenr wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:27 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:11 pm Public and even private schools scare me with all this wok crap.
Wok ? Please define this in the Cambodian school system.
A motivation tool maybe ?
After a few hits, focus probably ensues ^^
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:11 pm We lived next door to really great maternity ward, so that is scoped out already.

Tons of great schools in our neighborhood too, but we will most likely home school. Public and even private schools scare me with all this woke crap. In Saigon,
Woke in Cambodia? The country where schools actively promote the girls to follow the 'chbab srey', the laws for girls, which are very, very conservative.
Maybe you have to immerse yourself a bit more into Cambodian culture, language and tradition?
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

About half of my law practice in the US was divorce/family law related, but I won't be much use to you unless your divorce involves US issues (as I am licensed in the US but not in Cambodia).
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:36 pm

Tons of great schools in our neighborhood too, but we will most likely home school. Public and even private schools scare me with all this woke crap. In Saigon,
Woke in Cambodia? The country where schools actively promote the girls to follow the 'chbab srey', the laws for girls, which are very, very conservative.
Maybe you have to immerse yourself a bit more into Cambodian culture, language and tradition?
Not much worried about woke in the Khmer school with Khmer staff ... the foreign teachers and foreign kids.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:36 pm

They stopped officially teaching that more than a decade ago, although of course many vestiges remain. Many ignore the fact that there is also a Chbab Bros that was pushed for just as long. Anyway I've stopped taking this poster seriously. He's only here to stir up shit. Asking about marriage one minute and divorce the next. It's entertaining but shouldn't be taken seriously.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:40 pm Anyway I've stopped taking this poster seriously. He's only here to stir up shit. Asking about marriage one minute and divorce the next. It's entertaining but shouldn't be taken seriously.
Smells more like sock-puppetting for entertainment & traffic purpose to me, since early posts ^^
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Guys ... I asked for a divorce lawyer referral not because I am considering divorce ... all is good with the wife ... just figured a good divorce (or family law) lawyer will be best equipped to draw up a reasonable prenup. Don't read into it too much.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Prenup in Cambodia = Split up, fuck off. You might do us all a favour and skip the prenup and the split up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic