Owner of Dan's meat (Foreigner) contact needed

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Deadbeat_dad
Tourist
Great Britain

Owner of Dan's meat (Foreigner) contact needed

Post by Deadbeat_dad »

Hi,

As the title suggests, I need the owner of Dan's meat's contact. I had an incident tin the TTP branch involving one of the older female employees grabbing my (3yr old) son's crotch.
I actually went there today to speak with the Khmer manager (guy with the long mole hair) about it, and am less than impressed with the results.
Once he was filled in with what happened, he asked me which staff it was. I couldn't answer, considering I don't know any of them by name.. I asked him to check the security cameras to know, to which I was told that they (word for word) "only check the cameras if a car or motorbike gets stolen"...

So the guy flat out refused to check which one of his staff touched my kid inappropriately, and he even told me "She was probably just joking around". Now, that last sentence might be true, and she was only joking around... Does that make it any more acceptable? I think not.

So please, if anyone could PM me with the owner's contact details, or put me on the right path to be able to speak with him, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Deadbeat
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Owner of Dan's meat (Foreigner) contact needed

Post by ItWasntMe »

In this culture kissing a kids dick is part of showing love.

Anyway, good luck in your quest.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Deadbeat_dad
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Deadbeat_dad »

Yeah, I shut all that shit down when my kid was born as well.
But some random woman comes over and grabs the kids dick out of nowhere... and the manager couldn't even give enough of a shit to check who it was and tell them that shit isn't to be done to customers... Personally I wouldn't want my staff doing that, and would want to know if something like that has happened in my business. Maybe I'm alone in that sentiment?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Deadbeat_dad wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:11 pm Yeah, I shut all that shit down when my kid was born as well.
But some random woman comes over and grabs the kids dick out of nowhere... and the manager couldn't even give enough of a shit to check who it was and tell them that shit isn't to be done to customers... Personally I wouldn't want my staff doing that, and would want to know if something like that has happened in my business. Maybe I'm alone in that sentiment?
It sounds pretty fkn odd. From my observations it tends to stay at spanking when greeting other's kids. But I dont speak all the dialects, its all weird to me.

You're not alone.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Deadbeat_dad
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Deadbeat_dad »

Yeah, it was very odd. Honestly, I'm more surprised by the managers response though. He couldn't have cared less, and was even smirking..
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

Cambodian women tend to go a bit silly around western kids especially boys with blonde hair and blue eyes. It's almost like they are possessed!

My daughter also gets a lot of attention. Lots of selfies/pictures with random people, sometimes with their kids often not. They squeeze her cheeks and grab her chunky arms but that's about it. Boys on the other hand (not western) get their cocks pulled, flicked and always ridiculed about the size of it and anything else in from of the whole family. It's no wonder they end up wife beaters and alcoholics!

This behaviour in a western owned place is a bit odd.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Deadbeat_dad wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:54 pm Yeah, it was very odd. Honestly, I'm more surprised by the managers response though. He couldn't have cared less, and was even smirking..
He has been with that firm a very long time, since when they were up around street 178 (ish). Are you sure there is still a "Dan" to get through to? I seem to remember hearing that the place changed hands and that bloke with the mole hairs is actually the owner, or at least one of them, and that's as high as you are going to go.

I think this is a case of voting with your feet and moving on. The threat of a good public shaming might work in the UK, but it won't get your very far here.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:02 am I think this is a case of voting with your feet and moving on. The threat of a good public shaming might work in the UK, but it won't get your very far here.
Especially with a local custom that to many a Khmer is normal, and where they probably won’t understand what the issue is.

I don’t like this custom, myself. But it does need to be remembered that it’s not abnormal, here. The only way to be sure that this sort of thing won’t happen is to first recognise that people might do things like this, and then be vigilant enough to not give them the opportunity.
Deadbeat_dad
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Deadbeat_dad »

I know he's been there for a long time, but I sometimes see a western guy around there, tending to the smoker or doing other things, so I guessed he might be the owner or at least the co-owner.

I get locals do that sort of stuff, but I've only ever seen it done between families. Some random woman walking up to a kid with his foreign father and grabbing his cock for shits and giggles I would assume is abnormal or frowned upon.
The way the woman walked up to my son, I figured that she was going to squeeze his cheeks or something like that. I guess the only way to make sure that that sort of shit doesn't happen is to not let any close to him.. Sometimes this place gives me headaches..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic