Skeet & Trap

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Skeet & Trap

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Do they have any ranges in Cambodia?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Skeet & Trap

Post by newkidontheblock »

Fridaywithmateo wrote:Do they have any ranges in Cambodia?
As far as I know, Cambodian citizens are forbidden from owning firearms. Unless they are RCAF, Police, or just plain special. I would be very surprised if shooting sports are popular.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:26 pm As far as I know, Cambodian citizens are forbidden from owning firearms. Unless they are RCAF, Police, or just plain special. I would be very surprised if shooting sports are popular.
There are a few shooting ranges around Phnom Penh, which I’ve been to a couple. Proper ones, enclosed, with firearms in good order. But this is the 5.56/7.62/9mm stuff. Just to see if I can still hit the side of a barn, reasonably safely.

I’ve no idea about anything else, though.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:52 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:26 pm As far as I know, Cambodian citizens are forbidden from owning firearms. Unless they are RCAF, Police, or just plain special. I would be very surprised if shooting sports are popular.
There are a few shooting ranges around Phnom Penh, which I’ve been to a couple. Proper ones, enclosed, with firearms in good order. But this is the 5.56/7.62/9mm stuff. Just to see if I can still hit the side of a barn, reasonably safely.

What's the cost per round?
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:59 pm Do they have any ranges in Cambodia?
No such sport in the Kingdom.
Boredom is like a shroud
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

There are ranges you can book for the day, full experience including blowing shit up with RPG. I hear 1k is a good amount to bring for the full day.

Cant remember the name, but Google probably does with a tiny bit of effort.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

http://cambodiashootingranges.com/optio ... -cambodia/

Here's a place. Not cheap. About$2 a round.

Something should be informed, please! The minimum shooting budget to be spending at the gun range is more than 699USD (on gun shooting). Within the budget you are able to select variety of weapon to shoot if you or your group have shot or selected more than the “699USD” budget, then please make a new extra payment.
Last edited by Doc67 on Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

And for $30 you can blow up a cow with a RPG.

Or so some would have you believe.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

khmerhamster wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:58 am And for $30 you can blow up a cow with a RPG.

Or so some would have you believe.
The above site's price list would suggest a fee nearer $3000 would be needed.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:41 am
Freightdog wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:52 am

What's the cost per round?
I don’t recall, but it’s not cheap. I mostly take the opportunity to get any practice when I’m in Eastern Europe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic