Skeet & Trap

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Skeet & Trap

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:59 pm Do they have any ranges in Cambodia?
should be, because there are Khmer sports shooters so I'd imagine there are clubs or that some of the ranges must have
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:41 am
Freightdog wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:52 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:26 pm As far as I know, Cambodian citizens are forbidden from owning firearms. Unless they are RCAF, Police, or just plain special. I would be very surprised if shooting sports are popular.
There are a few shooting ranges around Phnom Penh, which I’ve been to a couple. Proper ones, enclosed, with firearms in good order. But this is the 5.56/7.62/9mm stuff. Just to see if I can still hit the side of a barn, reasonably safely.

I’ve no idea about anything else, though.
What's the cost per round?
It varies, between $1 for .22 LR and $10 for a .50 , shotgun shells are expensive too. I've been to the indoor Phnom Penh Shooting Club, Hanuman Range is good too. They have lots of modern weapons, not like those countryside places with the dodgy 50-year-old B40 rockets etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:02 pm
It varies, between $1 for .22 LR and $10 for a .50 , shotgun shells are expensive too. I've been to the indoor Phnom Penh Shooting Club, Hanuman Range is good too. They have lots of modern weapons, not like those countryside places with the dodgy 50-year-old B40 rockets etc.
These are the two ranges that I’ve been to, and fairly conveniently located.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:15 pm
These are the two ranges that I’ve been to, and fairly conveniently located.
The subject title of this post was '' Skeet & Trap'' reply coments are more oriented to conventional shooting ranges.
Boredom is like a shroud
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:26 pm As far as I know, Cambodian citizens are forbidden from owning firearms. Unless they are RCAF, Police, or just plain special. I would be very surprised if shooting sports are popular.
There are a few shooting ranges around Phnom Penh, which I’ve been to a couple. Proper ones, enclosed, with firearms in good order. But this is the 5.56/7.62/9mm stuff. Just to see if I can still hit the side of a barn, reasonably safely.

I found this.
https://www.instagram.com/explore/locat ... 0384419076

It looks like a well organised place, and a very expensive hobby. I used to have guns in the 90's and could easily blow through 100+ rounds in the range; that's a $250+ day out here.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:07 pm

I found this.
https://www.instagram.com/explore/locat ... 0384419076

It looks like a well organised place, and a very expensive hobby. I used to have guns in the 90's and could easily blow through 100+ rounds in the range; that's a $250+ day out here.
I think this is by design so that drunk cops won't hit anything when they go rampaging.

Imagine if target practicing was a cheap hobby, people would get hurt.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I was looking at one of these places a few months back. I calculated it was cost me $400+ for one outing. Needless to say I passed.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

khmerhamster wrote:And for $30 you can blow up a cow with a RPG.

Or so some would have you believe.
Is that available again?

It was banned by the Queen mother some time back.

Something about not in accordance with the Buddhist values of Cambodia.

Same as the ban on openly spit roasting whole cows on the sidewalk.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I thought it was good value and interesting, I had never fired anything other than .177 air rifles, my dad's 12 guage or a friend's .22 rifle before. Pistols were very restricted when I was young.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:48 pm
khmerhamster wrote:And for $30 you can blow up a cow with a RPG.

Or so some would have you believe.
Is that available again?

It was banned by the Queen mother some time back.

Something about not in accordance with the Buddhist values of Cambodia.

Same as the ban on openly spit roasting whole cows on the sidewalk.
I’ve no idea, I have no interest in guns or blowing things up.
I was joking about the bar room talk where gullible idiots insisted that you could blow up a cow for a fraction of the cost of a cow.
There is a ban on spit roasting cows? Dogs ok, but cows no? Seems weird & I’ve never heard of it.
Are cows significant in Buddhism?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic