ABA App possibly hacked

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jimbean
Expatriate

Re: ABA App possibly hacked

Post by Jimbean »

I n my case i was drugged eating a pizza slice at 6 pm and they were able to swap my Samsung phone for another Samsung near similar around 9 pm at a bar restaurant table .One hour later they transfered from my ABA account all my money to another ABA bank account .I blocked my account one and half hour later but it was too late .The transfer was made .The next morning i went to the ABA office and by chance my manager accepted to block the transfer waiting the police report .But 4 months later and with the discovery now of another people drugged and his money transfered to the same recipient ABA bank consider i have to go to court because the recipient pretend to get the money .It s a crazy story i agree .For all the others who lost money the thief got their phone when they were drugged and took control of their bank application .
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

To make it short .2 days after my phone had been stolen they contacted with my messenger one of my friends .The thief went to his home pretended the milkshake she bought was coming like a gift from me .He drink it and passed out .36 hours later he discovered than 38 k have been transfered from his ABA bank account and his 2 passports and phone stolen .Is it not incredible than a gang who got so many complaints at Sangkats is still operating like it .
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jimbean wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:58 pm I n my case i was drugged eating a pizza slice at 6 pm and they were able to swap my Samsung phone for another Samsung near similar around 9 pm at a bar restaurant table .One hour later they transfered from my ABA account all my money to another ABA bank account .I blocked my account one and half hour later but it was too late .The transfer was made .The next morning i went to the ABA office and by chance my manager accepted to block the transfer waiting the police report .But 4 months later and with the discovery now of another people drugged and his money transfered to the same recipient ABA bank consider i have to go to court because the recipient pretend to get the money .It s a crazy story i agree .For all the others who lost money the thief got their phone when they were drugged and took control of their bank application .

1. drugged at 6 pm,
2. swapped ur phone at 9 pm ?
3. 1 hour later they stole ur money, ....how did they get ur pin code to transfer out the cash???

than...
....If you didn't have ur phone or sim card, so how could you check ur account? especially at night
4. than 90 minutes after all this you blocked ur account

Curiouser and curiouser!

i for one
have never been drugged ( without my knowledge)
never had a phone stolen
never had money taking out of my account
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

It s what i am asking you .?How did they got my PIN code like for all the others peoples drugged and robbed .Nobody remember to give the PIN to anyone .My wife found about it on her phone..she was outside Cambodia .. joined our maid who told it to me and gived to me the ABA number to be able to block my account by a phone call.Like yourself i never got any problem with all the banks where i got an account precedently .i still have money don t worry but for ABA i will never put more on what i can lose on an account .
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

And to conclude we contacted our embassy who said similars cases were well know in Cambodia.I contacted a friend foreign police officer who said police and thieves were now able to put an application on phones to trace and see everything you do .Have a good day .
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jimbean wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:42 pm It s what i am asking you .?How did they got my PIN code like for all the others peoples drugged and robbed .Nobody remember to give the PIN to anyone .
By looking over your shoulder when you made a QR transfer?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jimbean wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:58 pm I n my case i was drugged eating a pizza slice at 6 pm and they were able to swap my Samsung phone for another Samsung near similar around 9 pm at a bar restaurant table .One hour later they transfered from my ABA account all my money to another ABA bank account .I blocked my account one and half hour later but it was too late .The transfer was made .
You blocked your bank account, but not your sim card?
Jimbean wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:12 pm To make it short .2 days after my phone had been stolen they contacted with my messenger one of my friends .The thief went to his home pretended the milkshake she bought was coming like a gift from me .He drink it and passed out .36 hours later he discovered than 38 k have been transfered from his ABA bank account and his 2 passports and phone stolen .Is it not incredible than a gang who got so many complaints at Sangkats is still operating like it .
And then they 'social engineered' your friend into a drug induced sleep, and robbed him. If only you would have blocked your SIM card..... But you blame this on ABA only?
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

They did it with my Messenger and using a false girl profile .
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

If a male friend of mine had a milkshake delivered to me it would have gone into the garbage and we wouldn’t be friends anymore. 🤣
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pootylicious »

@Jimbean how old are you? I have been drugged before and I believe your story could have happened the way you told it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic