ABA App possibly hacked

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Re: ABA App possibly hacked

Post by ressl »

Jimbean wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:46 amBut we need to share soon this big story about a gang drugging and stealing foreigners for the last 2years .You will be surprised ..
I would be indeed very surprised about a big story of some thieves robbing barangs. Not that I don't believe that this happens, in fact I know one of the victims personally (and I wonder, if he participates in your actions), but I guess your big story will end up in an ordinary 3 paragraph article with some pictures in the Khmer Times or Phnom Penh Post - like any other thief that gets caught gets as well - but that's basically it...
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

We will try to contact some khmers journalists to publish the full story because we believe this gang was able to open banks accounts with false Id s where they transfered money for 3 of us .We will adress a letter to the cabinet of His Excellency Mr HM.Will see .
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Questions for @Jimbean. How did you find this thread so quickly after the OP’s initial post, given you did not join this site until 17 minutes after his post, and why did you wait for over four (4) months after catching the suspect to put this information out?
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

To all my fellow expats .I am just telling you there is a gang who drugged and robbed foreigners for the last 2 years in Pp and Siam Reap.They were able to take out money at ATM and transfer money to others accounts mainly at ABA bank .
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Sorry but calling out ABA bank, and only ABA bank, when it clearly could happen at any bank under the circumstances makes you sound petty and vindictive.
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

On the 20 peoples of 4 nationalities we found out like 12 of them were banking with ABA .For 3 of them fonds were transfered from their accounts to others accounts at ABA .The others got theirs cards stolen and thieves were able to take theirsb savings out during their sleep .
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Well don’t blame the bank, blame the thieves, and yourselves.
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

We are unhappy with the answer of ABA bank particulary .When we asked them to call out the recipient of our money they only gave us like answer ....This person do not want to go to police to justify the fonds. .And i am actually in my case at the tribunal trying to recover money on a name who is 2 times already cited on police complaints .ABA law team know it and asked a court decision .For them a customer account even of a thief is as good than another customer account .Do you know how much that cost to play the game in this country ?
Jimbean
Expatriate

Post by Jimbean »

Yes you are right .
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by kritsana77 »

Kenr wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:28 am Sorry but your account wasn't hacked, it was accessed through the app on your phone.
Thank you. That is a constructive response. However, why did they not go into the other banking apps on my phone? To all of the other responses, I was not mugged by a gang nor under the influence of any substances legal or illegal. I went to ABA and they denied my screenshot was from their app. Then I had another supervisor come over and I opened it. It was their app. It is weak and they attempted and failed to get a dollar from me. ABA denied any responsibility and I will deposit 20 USD in that account for tuk-tuk rides.

All of the rest of you who have made false assumptions, I am going to assume you are sad and miserable people I like to avoid. Goodbye.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic